Registered
883 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Limited Slip:
stiffer and more durable... to limit flex and improve response?</font>
hehehe, sounds like a condom ad.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
You can definatly do it yourself. You just need the tools(sockets,extensions etc) a vice or something to press the tourque strap mount it with,a jack and some jack stands.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Alex, where'd you get them from? I can probably get the front (passenger side) mount pressed in for you...

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Oh, you only got the ones on the crossmember, right? Naw, those are cake. They're all cake, the only hard thing is that when you get the other two (PN 7-1106) you need a press to press the big round one in. But, you just have PN 7-1105; those are easy.

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Registered
420 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nsracer:
Oh, you only got the ones on the crossmember, right? Naw, those are cake. They're all cake, the only hard thing is that when you get the other two (PN 7-1106) you need a press to press the big round one in. But, you just have PN 7-1105; those are easy.

</font>
The mounts are sweet I think. The wheel shakes at idle, less wheel hop. The only mount that's a major PITA is the passanger side mount. It has to be punched out....or done with a ghetto set up (pipe wrench and punch and about an hour if you do it at midnight). Get all 4!!

------------------
1995 200 SX SE-R hydrolocked SR20DE that had PR CAI | ACT Disc & PP | ES MM | Pro-Kits | 17* timing | Courtesy Front STB | Courtesy B-pipe in garage | AGX's in garage

·
Registered
71 Posts
i love the mounts! =) I havnt had wheel hop since. to me it makes acceleration feel more direct. When i used to roll in 1st, then punch it, my car would kind of wobble for a moment, now it just puts it to the street.

and yea they are just cool to have

markp
es mm equipped
via seattle se-r

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Peters car needs mounts BAD. He has the ECU and when shifting at 7800rpms his engine clunks around up there. Get those mounts peter

------------------
Stormy
Black 1998 Sentra SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you like your car to stay quiet, I would recommend against getting all four. I did three and the resonance from 4-5.5k is enough to drive me crazy. I'm planning on removing the side one (which I heard makes the most noise) and will probably loosen up the back mount to reduce a little noise too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts