SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So make me smart, OK? I have a 2000 Sentra SE (LOVE IT!!!) I keep seeing references to the classic SE-R and other types of Nissan's that I'm not all that familiar with. Can someone give me a quick down and dirty on the basic history of these Nissan rides? I'm a big Nissan fan, although relatively new at it. I've also got a Frontier DR XE V6. GO NISSAN!!! (OK, so I used to have a Honda Civic years ago - I'm not proud of myself)

·
_______
3,640 Posts
OK the first and only Sentra SE-R(AKA classic) Was from 91-94. It and the NX2000 were the first SR20DE powered Nissans in the US. Some say they were the fastest SR20DE powered car made to this date because they were lighter,had the least emmsions garbage on them and had fatter cams. The NX200 also ran from 91-94 and then it was discontinued.

In 95 they came out with the 200SX SE-R. Also powered by the SR20DE it was thought to be a bit slower than the Classic because it had more Emmisions stuff,diffrent cams and a new low port head design. The 94 Classic also had the new low port head design but its faster because....it is a classic
The 200SX SER ran untill 98 then it was discontinued. Also the 98 MY the 200SX lost the LSD trans.

The 98 MY also brought a 4 door SR powered car The 98 Sentra SE! Witch altho being void of having a lsd trans is the best one IMHO. The 98 SE ran through 99 and was remodled with the car your driving now the 00 or 01 Sentra SE.

That just about sums it up. I think...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Sorry, Mike, you did have good info, but some of it was wrong. The first SR20 car was the Infinity G20/Nissan Primera. The NX2000 only ran from '91-'93. Welcome to the SR20 club. Follow what 2000SE said, read up on the info found on se-r.net

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
303 Posts
read it again.. he said "the first SR20DE powered Nissans in the US".

------------------
Jon
'95 Infiniti G20t
Stillen intake, HS header, custom exhaust, Apex'i Dunk muffler, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch

·
Registered
466 Posts
The G20 is a US vehicle, remember?
This was taken from Dave Barker's page: "The coupe de grace was the engine. The SE-R got the 2 liter, 140 horsepower, 16 valve, DOHC, aluminum block and head SR20DE engine that first appeared in the Infiniti G20."
Not trying to be a smartass, just clearing things up.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yes, I know the G20 is a US vehicle.
I'm not trying to be a smartass either, but the keywords are "Nissan" and "U.S". So the SE-R and the NX2000 would technically be Nissan's first two SR20DE powered cars in the U.S. I guess Mike just chose his words very carefully when he said that

------------------
Jon
'95 Infiniti G20t
Stillen intake, HS header, custom exhaust, Apex'i Dunk muffler, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ok, I see what you mean. HAHAHAHA When someone says Nissan, I take that to mean Infinity too. Same thing with Honda/Acura. So yes Mike was right, the Sentra was the first NISSAN with the SR20, it just wasn't perfected until '95.

*running for cover*

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
_______
3,640 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NoVTECSER:
Sorry, Mike, you did have good info, but some of it was wrong. The first SR20 car was the Infinity G20/Nissan Primera. The NX2000 only ran from '91-'93. Welcome to the SR20 club. Follow what 2000SE said, read up on the info found on se-r.net</font>
Well you learn something new everyday. When did the G come out? 90?

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts