SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now that i have a good idea for what i need to do to build a sick se-r. This is a question that has bin picking my brain. What engine managment system should i use a haltec with a msd box or a tec2 all in one. i want 2 know how hard are they to set up and if any one has one, how do you like it? Any imput would be great, thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd say go with the Haltech, unless you are racing and need the advanced data logging capabilities the Haltech will give you everything you need.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you ever used a haltec system ?? what did you use for the trigers

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow thats great so you think that it is realy straight forward install how long do you think that the install will take to get it up and running?

·
Registered
62 Posts
How much experiance do you have in doing stuff like that?

It really depends but you should be able to install in a day, half a day if you've got some experiance. Load up a map which will get you 90% tuned (either haltech or the hitman could supply one) then head to a dyno/abandoned bit of road and finish the tune.

Little known fact, the development car for a haltech is a silvia with a SR20DET, they work damn well with that engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts