SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am I the only 200 owner? man, I feel all alone. nobody has posted in a long time? wtf? oh well, when you have the best :)

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
LOL the best huh? Well I think we have like 2 classic owners that actualy post. 4 if you count Lionel and Jim that are never here. Oh well rarity says something i guess

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
When you are typing a message on here, below the Submit Reply button there's a "Ubb Code" link. Click it and it will tell you how to post pictures, URLs, emails, bold, etc.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm got me a 200SX SE-R!
I'm here just waiting for someone to post something too..

G

·
0 Posts
Soon there will be a whole 2 sx owners that post here:) I'm trading my G20 for a 200sx! Guess I'll have to change my user name... Help Ben, I want to post pictures of my car... how?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Alright, for the sake of conversation...I have a '96 200SX SE-R. I just finished putting on the Wolf/Hotshot headers and it was a pain in the a$$. First off, I placed an order with Hotshot nearly 4 months ago, and they didn't feel the need to make them. I pulled the order and guess what shows up from Jim Wolf two days ago at my tuner's garage? A nice shiny pair of headers made by Hotshot for Wolf. Now I couldn't just let them sit there, right? However, having read that some people had had problems with these fitting correctly, I set aside today solely for this install. Good thing, there were no gaskets, bolts and no plug for the second hole near the O2 sensor (pre-95 cars have another sensor there). So here I sit dear friends, my busted ass car in my driveway with a hole in it's primaries, whining on a Saturday night instead of racing. ARRGGHHH!
Anyway, yeah, I've got a SX SE-R too! Talk to you again soon.

Be safe,
Ryan

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well right now, the wheel rubs the fender well. Stock suspension and "rollers" but I had an incident. I slid into a curb, hit a gravel patch. Anyway, the left side wheel is pushed back. Is that part of the frame? What all is possibly damage? what kind of cost am I gonna look at?
Second ordeal. I have this clicker noise after the engine revs down. Like I wind it up, and then it clicks once on the way down. comments?
Third Ordeal. I know I have EGR problems, but when I worked on it, I had the trunk open so I could hear my speakers better and left it open during the night and drained the battery, which erased the error code, so I can't take that to the Stealership till the light comes on.
I think that's about it.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Well you would really have to look at the A-arm to see if its bent. If its not it might be where it gets bolted on to. I'm almost sure you can replace that part with out cutting or anything. If its not that it could be the body/frame. The only way to tell is to look at it.

The ticking could be either an exhaust leak,rocker arm,belts etc. dose it do the same while the car isn't in gear? Try poping the hood and reving it by pulling the throttle cable. Use a stethascope (sp?) to narrow down where the noise is comming from. If it dosen't happen while the car is out of gear and not moving it could be a tranny/clutch related problem.

Trouble shoot it and post what you find. It makes it easyer for you and other to figure out the problem.

Mike

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my car is having problems too. I only pull hondas on the hwy by like 10 cars. it should be like 15 or so :) it just dosn't do it for me anymore read=(just kidding) :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
LOL =). Wish I had that problem, Brian! But, hey a direct-port 100 shot should take care of that, huh? ;)

ryan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts