SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NINE times. 9 times. Thats right, 9 times I've seen the commercial, SINCE THIS MORNING. It is now midnight and I'm watching Leno, and it's come on twice since the show started. WTF!!!!

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - with the $hitty stock cams, 14's this season

·
Registered
299 Posts
I test drove one a few days ago. It was a auto, the only one they had. It was pretty fast but nothing to wet myself over. The one thing that caught my eye was the Momo steering wheel. Looked pretty sharp.
Don't think I would buy it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kbslacker:
Myself, I like the older body style, not this bug eyed looking one.

</font>
I got one thing so say....

·
Registered
303 Posts
damn, i haven't even seen a commercial for the rex yet.

oh, msrp on the car is $23,995, and i think it's definitely worth it.

------------------
Jon
'95 G20t

Stillen intake, HS header, "custom" exhaust, A'PEXi Dunk muffler, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, GC's w/AGX's, '93 intake cam

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
I agree, I don't like the WRX at all.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
705 Posts
Man when i wentto the phill auto show i just loved the WRX STi. It was a sweet ass looking car cept for the dasmn scoop on the roof. WTF is that all about, lol?! And damn those "interheaters" too bad they dont have a front mount, i bet it would help out a whole lot!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
883 Posts
Ok. that bottom one looks pretty nice, but the top one, come on. And whats with the 'HI'? Didnt the neon have commercials like that when the first came out?

------------------
Kris94G20™

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kbslacker:
And whats with the 'HI'? Didnt the neon have commercials like that when the first came out?

</font>
Think about that for a minute...

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bump909:
damn, i haven't even seen a commercial for the rex yet.

oh, msrp on the car is $23,995, and i think it's definitely worth it.

</font>
$24,000 for a car that goes mid 14's, has a more fragile driveline than a DSM, and looks like a Neon on crack? No thanks. If it was the STI with the 22B, then that might be another story. To each his own I guess.

The Mitsu EVO VII is coming to America as a 2003 model...if I buy one that's the car to get. The EVO doesn't play around.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
The great appeal of the WRX to me is hauling ass up a mountian road to the ski resort, past all the suckers with chains on, while listening to mp3's and macking a chick in the back seat. my friend has one on order and i can't wait to test drive it

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yeah Jay I agree with the Mitsu EVO. I think i'm saving up for that now. Thats gonna be a Type R, WRX, and even SER eater.

------------------
Peter
97 200SX SE-R
PR CAI,JWT ECU,91 CAM,
KYB AGX,EIBACH SPORTLINE,
FSTB, X-DRILLED ROTORS,

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
But, not SE-R eating if theres a turbo
</font>
I think its gonna be a pretty long while before there is a turbo for the QR engine. Im being told that thing is a real PITA to tune. We'll see.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
After seeing one on the road last weekend and all these commercials, I want one. Other than its a slightly nutered WRX but its still pretty bad ass. Like I keep saying, if I was so worried about the 1/4 mile times I would buy a CamBird or 'Stang. But for everyday driving how can you beat it. Yes I would rather have a 2 door or hatch but I would live with the 4 door in a couple years. Just because the 4 wheel drive is practical. Like my friend was thinking about trading in his Type R for one just because the R is a pain to drive up his driveway(3/4 mile gravel and the R is lowered) But right now I would rather have the new Cobra now that they finaly fixed the bugs and have it hitting 320 finaly.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts