SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you sitting down? Ok...

I am going turbo!!!!!

Mike Jez is selling me everything I need except the ECU and front mount intercooler. "IC, piping, injectors( with new O rings), turbo, manifold,
heatshields, oil and coolant lines, intake tube" for just $1000!!! Woohoo!

So hopefully I can have this all installed in maybe a month or two? I wasn't expecting this at all! :) I love it!

brian says "Wasn't that you Ben who just bought some used NA mods and have just $23 in your checking account?"

Yes, but #1 Mike is buying the header off me and #2 I shouldn't have a problem reselling the 91 cams and the PR CAI. Those will be sold in a heartbeat (anybody want em? :) )

Also I worked 32 hours extra OT this week so that should help cover it a bit.

I still can't believe this! Woohoo! :) :) :)

G

·
0 Posts
Thats great Ben. I was going to ask about the header but then you said about Mike taking it. If that falls through I am all over that. I am all about used mods. I am getting a used greddy cat back for $200! I am not interested in the cams tho. I will wait for someone to upgrade to the S4 cams and snag there S3's. Again congrats. Maybe some day for me??? ;)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'll have to ask other's if my low-port CAI will work on your high-port engine. But if it will work, it's the same price I got it for- $100.

The 91 cams are also $100 for whoever wants them, again same price I paid.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I realize I can still use the 91 cams, but it's only like 9hp, umm, well, maybe I should keep them... hmm... well see how the money goes. If I need the $100 bad enough I will let the cams go. Someone can put themselves first inline for the cams if I decide to sell them though.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Oh yea stupid high/low port crap. and the altima is like the classic, down low. oh well dont know anyone that would buy it then. my friend has an altima and most se-r stuff works on it from what altimas.net says. but he is coming to the rally with me and if it would have fit i probaly could have talked him into buying it :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NoVTECSER has got dibs on it now. Bowlcut asked first but didn't realize it's not gonna work unless he swaps in a low port TB in and NoVTECSER asked second, so you're next in line I believe brian.

And again I can still use the 91 intake cam so I'm keeping that, and Mike Jez wants the header.

Anybody know anything about upgrading a T25 to a T28 or anything like that? I've never touched one and haven't seen real close up pictures so I have no idea how you swap different spinny things or housings.

Also how to port one a little bit yourself? Odds are I'm going to have an incomplete kit for a while so might as well work on making it better in the meantime if I can.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmm... here's the error it gives:

"Forbidden
You may not retreive SE-R Mailing List archive messages found via a general search engine. If you are interested in reading messages related to Nissan SR20DE powered vehicles, please go to the SE-R Mailing List web site to search the mailing list archives, or to SE-R.net for FAQs, repair tips, etc.

$Id: forbidden.phtml,v 1.2 1998-05-14 21:40:09-05 dev Exp $ 184230"

Maybe that's so you can't search the archives from yahoo.com or something so you can't link directly there? I think that's the reason.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts