SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
No its not. It is physically impossible to have that done without damaging the car. Plus there is no way you could secure that much lumber with only 12 pieces of twine.

------------------
Kris94G20

G

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kbslacker:
No its not. It is physically impossible to have that done without damaging the car. Plus there is no way you could secure that much lumber with only 12 pieces of twine.

</font>
No guys, that is a real picture, we had a discussion on this a while back. The guy didn't care about his car, we talk to the guy who actually took it.

See the shawdow with no light going under the back of the car, thats hard to make perfect with photoshop, and that is perfect.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's real!!!!!

And it DID damage the car. Here's the whole story from www.snopes.com:

"The stupidity of some people in this world never fails to amaze me. This attached picture is real -- not doctored in any way -- and was taken last week in Waldorf, MD by a Transportation Supervisor for a company that delivers building materials for 84 Lumber. When he saw it there in the parking lot of IHOP, he went and bought a camera to take pictures. The car is still running as can be witnessed by the exhaust.

A woman is either asleep or otherwise out in the front seat passenger side. The guy driving it was over jogging up and down on Rt. 925 in the background. The witnesses said their physical state was OTHER than normal and the police just shook their heads in amazement. The driver finally came back after the police were there and was getting down at the back to cut the twine around the load. They told him to get back until it was taken off.

The materials were loaded at Home Depot. The Home Depot store manager made the customer sign a waiver before loading. Both back tires are trashed. The back shocks were driven up through the floorboard. On the roof are many 2X4s, 4X4s and OSL sheets of lumber. The load isn't all that meets the eye either. In the back seat were ten 80-pound bags of concrete! They estimated the load weight at 3000 lbs. The car is a VW Jetta with FL plates and the guy said he was headed for Annapolis!

Real or faked? We got plenty of mail from readers giving scientific reasons why this photo had to have been faked, and lots of tips from digital photo "experts" pointing out how this photo had obviously been fabricated. It's real, however.

We received copies of additional photographs (including close-ups) of the same car from other people who also took pictures of it. "

------------------
Jordan
1998 Sentra SE -
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

·
Registered
303 Posts

------------------
Jon
'95 Infiniti G20t
Stillen intake, HS header, custom exhaust, Apex'i Dunk muffler, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
It's not real you losers! If you think it is then you are VERY naive. See this?

I asked my friend to Photoshop it to make the valvecover red like a DET just to see what it would look like and he did this in about 10 minutes:

Get a clue guys...

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Both back tires are trashed. The back shocks were driven up through the floorboard. On the roof are many 2X4s, 4X4s and OSL sheets of lumber.</font>
So then why are the rear door windows intack?
And how come the rear qwuarter panels don't show any signs of buckling?

G

·
0 Posts
Ben thats the nastiest DET valve cover I've seen. It looks worse than my old SR16VE valve cover that I messed around with.
Take a look what a real engine should look like.

------------------
Mike Jez
93 SE-R w/ a nice passenger

G

·
0 Posts
come on guys...somebody pointed it out a few replies ago.

the back half of the car would be smashed in...i'm sorry but it's fake...just a very good fake.

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
Hey i'll bet some cams (Toda Racing cams for the det), that it's a big time fake! IF you need proof, look at drivers side door.The light is brighter there and you can clearly see it doesn't match up with the rest of the car. Even the door protector/gaurds don't match up!

·
Registered
303 Posts
it's about as fake as the civic si's flywheel-rated hp!

------------------
Jon
'95 Infiniti G20t
Stillen intake, HS header, custom exhaust, Apex'i Dunk muffler, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, explain this one then!:

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, Timing @ 19, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/ Pirelli P700Z's

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

·
Registered
348 Posts
The door might have buckled under the weight, but you have to look at the reflection on the car it matches and thats hard to do, the shadows are correct, also pretty hard to do, another thing is the reflection on the rear window you can see a shadow from the wood, and that door might not have been smashed because theres 2x4s in the middle so the lean angle is right.
I work on photoshop all day, I taught photoshop. I would be very hard to do this and make it look right..
So where are my CAMs.. look here.. http://www.baybike.com/img/lumber2.html

1 - 20 of 40 Posts