SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our local club (qcma.streetracing.org) put on a slalom (=U.S. autocross) at a local oval raceway this weekend. I hadn't tried my NX at one of these before - my '86 Civic had that honour last year. So anyways, my NX is bone-stock. I haven't even put in the K&N! Well, I gotta tell ya' - the car rocked! We talk about mods, etc. in this group - and that's great - however, I never knew how awesome these cars were set up straight out of the factory! I'm extremely pleased with my choice to get an NX 2000. There were some highly modified VWs and stuff at the event and my little egg had no problem keeping up. Now, if the damn thing weren't so hungry for pylons...that will get better with time in the car, I think. Anyhow, if you get the chance, race your beasts...it's a blast!!!

Cheers,
Rian

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
Nice ! I want to do some auto slalom, but there is no one in town that dose it or on the island that im on, witch is kinda a bummer
I have to move to vancouver in two weeks so maybe ill check out some of the clubs there

------------------

·
Registered
77 Posts
Rian... I wanted to make it out there so bad! The plan was to hang out with my riding friends @ Wascana Trails that morning, then blast over to Kings Park for the AutoX. Didn't quite go as planned though... I locked the keys inside @ Wascana Trails, and was stuck there for the whole day
. I had a good ride though (and didn't have to ride my bike back to Regina... a friend came through for me and drove me back
), so I guess that's consolation.

Rian, I looked for you @ Majestic's this year... I asked some of the QCMA guys if you were gonna show. I checked back a few times, but I couldn't find you. I was there Sat. morning, from 10:15 to 11:30...

When's the next QCMA event? I definitely want to make it out...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NX2000 at the autocross is fun. I have been doing it for years and have had some close runs with one of my friends with a 89 heavily modded M3. I have to say, this NX is great out there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next QCMA event is May 27th at the Lawson/Fieldhouse complex. $20 non-members and $10 for members. If you have access to a lesser car or truck (than the Nissan) and a buddy you may want to run our Regina Wheel Works Rally on June 24th. See:

qcma.streetracing.org

for all our club info. Would be cool to see you out, man!

R.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts