SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got a new set of wheels. Traded out some work for the set. They're Dazz Matiz 18" 3 piece. I need to decide whether I want to keep my SSR's or the Dazz wheels. Any input? Thanks..

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

[This message has been edited by Matt4Nissan (edited 09-29-2001).]

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
I kinda like the DAZZ rims... looks sharp on a silver car

------------------
Brian
AIM: pdxs2000
91 se-r 12.31 @ 117.8mph
00 s2000 14.1 @ 98.6 mph

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well whichever I decide on keeping I'll be selling the other. Actually I'd like to find someone with a nice set of racing 15's, or 16's. To trade.

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
I like the ssr's

------------------
Russ Knezic
Place Racing CAI,JWT S4 cams and JWT ECU with S4 program, hotshot gen3 header, greddy SP exhaust, KYB AGX's and Ground Controls, Konig Traffiks with Nitto NT555's

Turbo soon!
N/A is not enough

[This message has been edited by 96 all motor SeR (edited 09-29-2001).]

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
see what I'm thinking is, driving on the Dazz's for a bit, while getting the SSR's powdercoated gun metal grey. The sell the dazz wheels or trade them off. The kid I got the wheels off of just paid $3000 a couple of months ago. Pretty crazy if you ask me.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Which SSR rims did you have? Lighter is always better and anything past 16" you are losing performance.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Which SSR rims did you have? Lighter is always better and anything past 16" you are losing performance.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Andrew:

How am I losing performance with my 17's? The diameter of the tire I am running is an exact match of the stock 195/55/15's. Heres the table from a rotational diameter calculator:

Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revolutions Difference
195/55-15 4.2 in 11.7 in 23.4 in 73.7 in 860 / mile 0.0%
205/40-17 3.2 in 11.7 in 23.5 in 73.7 in 860 / mile 0.1%

Other than having the extra meat on the tires to grab, I wouldnt think you would be losing that much on the street and of course I run stock 15's on the track, just curious.

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, 91 Cams, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

[This message has been edited by ProjectSE-R (edited 09-30-2001).]

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well let me first say that these wheels are just for street. I've also come to the conclusion that I will be selling the Dazz wheels.
About the wheel weight. Diameter isn't the only thing that effects the performance. IIRC, if you take a circle, in this case a wheel. 5lbs isn't going to affect a wheel that much if you put it directly in the middle. But if you move to the outside the 5lbs becomes a much greater force. So if you have a set of 15" wheels that the majority of the diameter is tire, I would think that a 17-18" wheel since the rim itself is bigger and most likely heavier that would effect performance as well right? Or I could be talking out my a$$..

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
17's really kill performance, especially on on FWD 4-cylinder that needs all the torque it can get.

Example: I ran a 15.1 @ 90 with my stock 15" SE-R wheels. I went back to the track a few weeks later, the car completely the same except I had my 17" Borbet wheels on and could only get a 15.5 @ 88 out of the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts