SR20 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where O' Where do you connect the orange illumination wire from the aftermarket stereo to the b13 wiring? (1992) I have the wiring diagram for the nissan's of this era, but nothing seems to correspond to this wire? Please help? thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help Brian. However, when I wired up my 96 factory Jeep radio to the b13 I left the orange one disconected, and WA LA? No light up! So, I recently got some dough (actually Best Buy 18 months no interest)and bought a JVC head unit and the same wire is there. How do I get at the dimmer switch? thx

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to put the jeep radio in the nissan?
Factory radios work differently than aftermarket for example the oem radios lights will turn on with the parking lights were an aftermarkets are usually always on with the radio.

·
shift_boost
1,949 Posts
Infiniti Rydah said:
There are 2 blues. One is for the power antenna and the other is for a remote amp turnon

Amp turn on is blue with a white stripe. He didnt ask about that one.

·
8,148 Posts
twisted200ser said:
Amp turn on is blue with a white stripe. He didnt ask about that one.
I knew that one. I use it to turn my amps.

·
nx-less
1,723 Posts
speaking of aftermarket wiring harnesses, does anyone sell replacement OEM wiring harnesses? whoever had the car before me was obviously jacked or cut the harness themselves, but i had to re-wire it twice to aftermarket headunits+amp.

i also like the idea of wiring the illumination wire to the original dimmer switch...i'll start researching wiring digrams

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Best Buy sells them in there install shop. I bought a replacement but never installed it. Somebody did the same thing to my se-r. I was in a hurry to hook my head unit so I didn't put in the stock wiring harness.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts