SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOOHOO!!!
KYB AGXs and Eibach Pro Kits man, can't wait!!! Credit card has a zero balance and I'm ready to spend! :)

Finacee notices 1 month later "Did you paint your springs and shocks red or something?"

"Uhh, yeah, that's it, it's the 'in' thing to do right now. Would have done my calipers but that is 'out' at the moment. I think the next 'in' thing will be to paint your antenna and radiator flat white..." :)

·
_______
2,170 Posts
I think you'll enjoy it. Don't forget to cut your rear bumpstops. Check the archives, but I believe you remove the two middle "doughnuts".

For regular driving, I set my GABs to 1 front, 2 rear, which approximates the stock setup.

For track, or spirited driving, I run 2-4.

Just for fun, I ran 4-8, which is maxed out. The car felt like the wheels were bolted directly to the body, and every little crack in the road bodyslammed the car with a *whump!*. It also upset my stomach from all the jiggling :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just ordered the AGX's from www.p-s-t.com (they are on backorder and should get here in 3-4 weeks) and am on the phone right now at Courtesy ordering Eibach Pro Kits (and touch up paint =) ). Hook me up with some stickers, brian! :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ok, got the message from Robert that you said hi, so hi ben (cheezy sarcastic talk) and I will send you some stickers for your beast.

G

·
0 Posts
One month later, still no AGX for my 91 se-r, and robert doesn't return phone calls. Getting screwed? hmmm.

G

·
0 Posts
Ben, www.shox.com has the eibachs for 190.....you should have gotten them from there, alot cheaper. That is where I got mine.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just looked at their site. What a waste! "Email us for a quote" type sites are like reading through car ads and seeing the words "LOW LOW PRICES! CALL US FOR DETAILS!" I would never waste my time with that when so many other people list their stuff right up front. I've heard nothing but praise for Courtesy and would get the AGXs from them if I could. I think I've heard of shox.com, but couldn't remember them when I was pricing. I looked up and down the SE-R.net list of companies and they weren't on there that I remember so that's probably why I didn't check them out. Have you had good experience with them?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put in for a quote anyways. Couldn't hurt and I'm sure Courtesy would take back my Eibachs or try to compete with the price if they are $190.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
well, robert works in the shipping dept with me 99.9999% of the time, so that would explain why he would not call you back, also they would probably charge you alot cheaper for the agx's anywyas b/c our supplier charges us alot for them, I have already checked into this.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ben, went out today on a fed-ex two day, should be there by friday w/ tons' o' stickers :)

G

·
0 Posts
I talked to Robert today, he said that mine where in and being shipped today when I talked to him. So we will see. Also I already got my Eibachs from www.shox.com, took them 3 days to get to my house when I ordered...I am a happy camper on that case.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Been emailing back and forth with shox.com. I sent them the email I got from p-s-t and they matched the price for it, and will give me the Pro Kits for $189, all together with $19 for shipping. And they have the AGXs for my car in stock and p-s-t didn't so I will cancel with p-s-t tomorrow and order them from shox.com. Also I will call Courtesy and see if they can send me a credit to match the price shox.com gave me, if not I will send them back and get them $35 cheaper from shox.com. Sorry, brian, I love Courtesy and want to support it with my business, but logic dictates that if can find stuff cheaper elsewhere that I should get it there.

I'll be sure to keep the stickers though :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ordered the struts and springs from shox.com just now. Called back P-S-T first to cancel and looks like P-S-T did have them in stock after all and they should get here tomorrow or Monday. :) They probably confused the B13's being out of stock as opposed to the B14's. So called back shox.com and updated my order not to include the struts. Then called Courtesy to see if they would match the price or I would have to cancel/send back my order. The dude I talked to didn't think the thing had been shipped yet, but told him brian said they were, so he went to check with brian and called me back. Called me back about 5 minutes later and said they had been shipped 2 day and he would rather credit me than have me have to spend money on the shipping and everything, so he will send me a receipt showing they credited my card for $36 to make up the difference between $189 and $225. So called back shox.com again apologizingly and said to cancel my order since the other place I ordered from matched their price and it had already been shipped as well. Told them I would definitely include them in any future price wars though :)

Sorry to rattle your chain shox.com

But the GOOD news is that the AGXs are not on backorder! The springs should be here tomorrow for sure, and the struts will be here tomorrow or Monday, so there's a chance I could have the whole setup installed on Saturday!!! WOOHOO!!!

Thanks again for the 2 day shipping, stickers, and personal customer service brian! You're the greatest! :)

G

·
0 Posts
Well he told me mine where shipped out tuesday, no charge on my card yet like he said at p-s-t, so not sure if that was to get me off his case or not, but we will see.

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
Ben,

You will love the AGX/Pro-Kit combo. This is what I am running. Great for cruising and kicks ass on the track. This is what I had this weekend when I ran faster than every SI at Willow Springs.
UR 4-Pulleys, Volk TE-37/Potenza RE-71 205/50ZR15.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ben, whats p-s-t? I know I'm a moron, but come on, I ship parts all day, my brain is dead most of the time :)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
www.p-s-t.com
Performance Suspension Technology. Where everyone is ordering their AGXs right now.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Forgot to tell ya, got the springs today! No struts tho so maybe tomorrow

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
RussSER,

Yes that is me. I just love rubbing it in to the SI guys especially after Willow Springs. It is so funny how they get annoyed when they lose.
UR 4-Pulleys, Volk TE-37/Potenza RE-71 205/50ZR15.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts