SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering Toda cams Tomorrow. Is it possible to use a 272 duration cam with only 10.5mm lift without upgrading valve springs? Toda said its not neccessary but that seems like a pretty big cam for the stock springs. Although the lift is pretty small. Anyone have any insite on this?

Sean

·
Registered
782 Posts
I believe you would only have to upgrade the valve springs if you go with a 11.5mm -12.5mm lift cam!

------------------
http://members8.clubphoto.com/louis419830/439477/guest.phtml

Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
349.6 hp & 301.9 ft/lb @ 19 psi, 12.0 @ 118.77, Bluebird SR20DET, T3/T04E, Deltagate Wastegate, FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, Autometer Shift Light, Fiber Images Carbon Fiber Hood, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Yokohama 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24.5x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by APEXSER:
I believe you would only have to upgrade the valve springs if you go with a 11.5mm -12.5mm lift cam!

</font>
Thanks Louis! I really didn't want to back down to the 264's.

www.todaracing.com has them for 280 each which is $560.00 a set. You can get the for the same price at http://godspeed.hack.net

I am willing to be a test mule. Of course I have to drive damn near to Canada to dyno them.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Sweet, let us know how you like those bad boys.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Ok, well it's about time. I've been waiting to get some feedback on these cams. I plan on buying a set next spring. One thing you may want to look at, I believe Toda recommends to use their springs with this set. The springs go for 200. Check it out to be sure. Maybe I saw that in the Master Catalog?

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thought I'd like to add that God Speed Motorsports kicks ass. My buddy just ordered the Toda B spec package from him a few weeks ago. Arrived very quickly. That guy know his **** too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts