SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a noob but a noob question; I am starting a turbo project and I want to run any and all nessesary gauges. I have so far Boost, Oil pressure, Oil temperature, Water Temp, and EGT. Is Air/Fuel needed? And could you think of any other gauges I might need. Thanx in advance
-Jerrod

·
No D E T.
1,436 Posts
SE Limited said:
Not a noob but a noob question; I am starting a turbo project and I want to run any and all nessesary gauges. I have so far Boost, Oil pressure, Oil temperature, Water Temp, and EGT. Is Air/Fuel needed? And could you think of any other gauges I might need. Thanx in advance
-Jerrod

thats alot of gauges. you can have a dual pillar setup and three in your radio slot, that would look nice. but as far as the air/fuel goes, its pointless. the Air/Fuel gauges run off your regular O2 sensor, which isnt meant for reading the Air/fuel the way you would like it to. you would want a wideband O2 sensor, and thats expensive. for your turbo kit, i recommend getting a JWT turbo ecu, the A/F will already be adjusted and set for your turbo car, and you won't need a gauge to monitor it, becaust it will be just fine.

also, if you are running a oil pressure and oild temp gauge, i suggest a nissport oil adaptor, from nissport.com you will thank yourself. you can run the oil pressure, temperature and the stock warning light from the adaptor that goes in the stock hole.

hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts