SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey has anyone else left their bottle on for a couple of days? I just found out that I forgot to turn my bottle off.....and the last time I turned it on was about a week ago? Can I damage the soielnoids (or however you spell it) by doing this. I armed my nitrous and did a test run after to bleed the line and it worked fine. Would it be bad to leave the bottle on and keep nitrous in the line?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I would leave mine open overnight sometimes by accident and all of mine would leak out and turn into air, go for hours, but then again, most of my nitrous usage was during 140000 degree days too....

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
NO!

It is bad to leave the Bottle open. I use to leave mines open and it ruined my Purge and Nitrous Solenoid. It cost like $30 bucks to rebuild them each.:D I had to learn the bad way. Its alot of pressure they hold in.

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
The biggest reason to close your bottle when your car is off is leaking solenoids. A small leak could allow NOS to enter your engine while it's not running and when you start your car, your engine will be in for a nice and subsequently very messy surprise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts