SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive posted three times for my brother on this over heating issue and everytime he gets the money to fix it (or what we thought it was) its stillll over heats

we have changed radiator, thermostat, car, flushed about 100000times, used water weter, bled correctly, changed cap rotor, changed plugs!!!!!

now guys really what the hell can it be...it will not over heat in normal rpm driving it will only over heat if you are going like 35 and put it in 5th and WOT
it....so u cant putt around town in 5th gear or else it will over heat...IT is over heating not just a faulty temp gauge.

thanks guys!

ps we just replaced the radiator with a koyo and its still over heating... it must be serious or something with the water pump...but water pumps dont just stop pumping water unless they virtually break off and the water pump doesnt seen to b bad sence we have ran it with the tubes off and if you punch the throttle it will shoot out water!!!maybe a cllunked up water pump blade

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
change the pump....the pulley can break off of the internal turbine thingy

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that really is the last resort ! but we have talked to many people about the watter pump they said the easy way to see if the turbine broke off is the pully will feel loose and even bigger sign is it wont pump water! but it does

?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!!?!?! :confused: ?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i said it hasto be something in the cumbustion chamber with fuel or sometthing i dont know!!! there does not seem to be any head gasket leaks

no colored smoke! no oil leaks in engine bay! no oil in radiator fluid! ??

its like a mystical over heating fairy :rolleyes:

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
are you sure the water pump is pumping?

when you have the car running take off the radiator cap you should be able to tell

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when the car is running we have disconnected the whole radiator tube and whatched it spewww water at idle and spew more with more throttle...and it doesnt really do anything with the radiator cap off and the car running..i own a 92 sentra se-r also and mine hasnt ever over heated and it doesnt move if you take the cap off while the car is on...i can even drive 1 hour straight and take the cap off and it doesnt even over flow...

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crim said:
is it a JDM swap? If so did you swap the coolant temp sensors? Try wiring up your radiator fans to a switch, and run them all the time, that solved my overheating problems.

no jdm. fans do come on though

·
Boost Addict
1,451 Posts
Are you having bubbles in the radiator. Run the car with cap off and see. If you do, then it's definitely a head problem. If not I need to know in a clear and concise manner, exactly what the car is doing.

Sitting at idle, is it overheating?
Are the fans cycling on and off as should?
Is it overheating at highway speeds, 60-75mph?

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chipey23 said:
Are you having bubbles in the radiator. Run the car with cap off and see. If you do, then it's definitely a head problem. If not I need to know in a clear and concise manner, exactly what the car is doing.

Sitting at idle, is it overheating?
Are the fans cycling on and off as should?
Is it overheating at highway speeds, 60-75mph?

ok the overheating will not happen at idle, or highway... its more about the way you drive it. if you put that low rpm stress on it it over heats really qwick. (like shifting at low points and giving it wot) putting around in 5th gear will over heat it...fans are cycling. it seems to only over heat at certain rpms below 3 it can over heat and about 4 it will overheat. but the over heating is wierd. you can drive going 30 put it in 5th and wot it and you can whatch the needle jump, but then down shift into third and wot throttle it the temp drops right away?

my brother said that a big reason can be that the people before us that owned it mixed green and orange radiator fluid, wich im sure u know is a biggg no no and it turns your radiator fluid into jellowish goop and clogs everything...well when he drained his radiator it has **** in it built up....i mean like nice goops of crap...so we litterly flushed it with engine flusher about 5 times. nothing comes out now and we have replased the radiator with a wider core koyo... and we took it out tonight to test drive it and it seemed alittle better but it still over heats in the same matter. with the new radiator al it did was make the over heating characteristics change alittle from when we first got it. and with the goop we found in the radiator i said that maybe theres a chance the water pump turbine is gunked up... i dont know, whats your thoughts?

·
Banned
543 Posts
sure sounds like the pump call brian at courtesy 59.00 shipped

·
Registered
655 Posts
oh ****! so is it bad to mix that syntec (i think) orange fluid with the lime green fluid! i had a gallon that i never used and i think my dad used it to top of his car, he has a ford windstar. OH crap i better check his car out then.

·
Tired Greasemonkey
1,384 Posts
sr20andafalcon said:
sure sounds like the pump call brian at courtesy 59.00 shipped
i agree. This is what happens when you throw parts at a car, it is always,always,always the last fu__king part.
murphy's law i believe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts