SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
midnight_marauder
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys, this is really bugging me, since I have never had any problems with any of my SE-R's like this! My dad replaced my alternator a month or 2 ago, while I was in san francisco on business for a few months. it died the weekend i left so i left the car in los angeles. after replacing the alternator, he then drove to phoenix in the car for funeral. car ran fine, except for squealing from the new belt. when i got back few weeks ago, the car ran fine. i tightened the belt and the squeal went away. then a couple of weeks ago, the car started to overheat a little. i check the water levels and fixed my leaking overflow bottle. when it really overheated on the way to work one morning, i noticed that i wasnt getting any heat outta the heater.....just cold air. it was warm at first, then cold after a few minutes of moderate rush hour driving. my dad had removed the radiator to get to a short in the wiring harness that I thought was causing my a/c not to work, in the harness that goes over the radiator to the pass. side of the car. he replaced the thermostat at that time. so last weekend, after the car running really funny, i replaced the thermostat again, and also replaced a faulty radiator cap. car ran fine for 2 days. now its running fine, but the heat goes out after a few minutes, and i get fluid coming out of the overflow bottle onto the ground after driving home from work. but the car isnt running hot, except for when im sitting in stop and go traffic, because I dont think that my fans are coming on. the temp goes up a little from the normal half way point on the gauge, but only for a short time. HELP!!!! could it be my water pump? that is my only guess. or maybe a blockage somewhere in the water passages? my car is a 98 SR20DE with about 11o k on it. any help would be really appreciated

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
air bubble possibly....try taking that little bleeding bolt out on your thermostat housing and filling it that way....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts