SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about these? Are they any good at all? They sure look inexpensive! =)

·
Registered
303 Posts
i wouldn't buy anything from pacesetter, except their short shifter kit. their exhaust systems consist of inexpensive material and bad welding. those nasty resonated monza tips start to rust in about 3 months. they are totally bootleg.

------------------
Jon
'95 G20t

Stillen intake, HS header, "custom" exhaust, A'PEXi Dunk muffler, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, GC's w/AGX's, '93 intake cam

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Yea pacesetter's exhaust stuff is dirt cheap, but that also reflects in the quality. LOL but at those basement prices you can replace it with a new one every year or two when it does rust though

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
The Pacesetter is loud??? Mine is nearly as quiet as the stock system.

I answered this in another forum. I don't think they are terrible. The only problem I have is the pipe strikes the right rear control arm on bumps. It's worse now that I have GC coilovers

I have heard that people in the North and Midwest have problems from rusting out quickly due to road salt from winter driving. I don't have that problem in NC!

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spnx:
The Pacesetter catback is *really, really* loud. Not a good loud, either. But it's cheap.</font>
i dont think you ever heard a pacesetter have you?! The pacesetter is nearly as quiet as stock, untill you jumpo on the throttle over 4k, then you hear it, but still barely.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
705 Posts
Jordan white got creative a couple years ago. he couldnt see spending 600 on a greddy for his 91. he bought the pacestter cat back for cheap($160?), sold the muffler for 40 bucks, and got a Remus muffler off a freind of ours for a few bucks. he took the pipes and the muffler to a shop and had it put together for 30 bucks, for a great sounding exhaust. You can do the same, jsut find some dumb guy on ebay to buy your muffler!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
that's what i was thinking of doing!!

just buy the mandrel bend piping (no one mandrels around where i live) and weld my arospeed bomb onto it. then i have mandrel bends, and i'll just sell the muffler to some moron around here.

------------------
feature your se-r or other car on my site!
http://www.geocities.com/myfastser/

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Monsoon:
that's what i was thinking of doing!!

just buy the mandrel bend piping (no one mandrels around where i live) and weld my arospeed bomb onto it. then i have mandrel bends, and i'll just sell the muffler to some moron around here.

</font>
yeah, just sell it to some 16 year old civic riceboy, and tell him you hollowed out the muffler and it should be good for and extra 5 hp and its sounds reeeaaalllly good.

------------------

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Pacesetter isn't loud at all, from the cars I've heard. As RPW mentioned I sold my Pacesetter muffler to a friend with a '92 Prelude and you can hardly hear it.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at Englishtown, NJ - with the $hitty stock cams, 14's this season

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Pacesetter isn't loud at all, from the cars I've heard. As RPW mentioned I sold my Pacesetter muffler to a friend with a '92 Prelude and you can hardly hear it.

</font>
Did ya?!

------------------

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a pacesetter cat back exhaust on my turbo mx6.... it sounded great but not too loud like the honda rice boys... it had a nice growl.... the quality wasn't all that though... i live in hawaii and am an avid surfer so i am at the beach at least 3 times a week... the exhaust started to rust all over.... i had the exhaust for about 4 years and the piping was coated with surface rust... i guess you get what you pay for...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, getting one of those pacesetters would not be abvisable for those of us up here, due to the road salt?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Well, of course an exhaust is gonna rust after 4 years, its expected. Its not stainless steel. Its just aluminum piping.

------------------

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Pacesetter now claims their cat-back systems now meet OE specs for corrosion resistance. So in theory, it should now last as long as your stock system would in the salty northeast.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts