SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just finished the install on my '93 sentra ser...i was gonna post earlier when i opened the box this morning very good quality for $150 in stock thru summit...awesome, for the first time in years i have a quiet car again...have not fully evaluated the tone because i was cranking some tunes but it seems alright.
the only thing i don't care for is the yellow color inside the canister and i think the canister is too large but not by a lot-it doesn't look too goofy but it does look ricey...car is in chicago area and the car is for sale so if interested for a test ride email me at [email protected]
i highly recommend this exhaust mandrel mends aluminized piping, i do admit i love the greedy setup but thats like $500.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i could but like i said my exhaust was basically repaired 3-4 times with piping at some points under 2 inches. the exhaust would fall off every month or so and would be repaired with whatever i could find. the pacesetter catback is quality stuff at $150 no crap...even includes a gasket!

·
Registered
94 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sr20:
yeah i could but like i said my exhaust was basically repaired 3-4 times with piping at some points under 2 inches. the exhaust would fall off every month or so and would be repaired with whatever i could find. the pacesetter catback is quality stuff at $150 no crap...even includes a gasket!</font>
I've heard otherwise... I've been looking for an inexpensive cat-back for my GSX, and on DSMTalk.com everybody insists that the Pacesetter system is garbage. Supposedly, the exhaust will rust out relatively quickly and/or develop cracks. Maybe the system for the SE-Rs is better, I dunno...

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
ehh, it may sound nice, but i've heard terrible stories from pacesetter. i've always heard their quality is craptacular. but hey, 150 bucks for mandrel bends? can't really go wrong there.
just ditch the muffler nad buy a real one like a arospeed tunable bomb. couldn't reccommend it any more. i've had mine for over a year, and there isn't any rust on it. still sounds great too.

------------------

representing the plains with a slammed in door, but loud and fast, 1991 nissan sentra se-r, and now a sweet looking silver 1988 toyota celica gt-s with more show than go.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i checked out about a half dozen auto part stores looking for a stock cat back the cheapest i could find was over $200 not including tax...i found some guy on ser.net locally that was selling his stock cat back for $150 (ha)...anyway all this stuff was crap all crush bends the pacesetter is aluminized piping good welds bolts into place perfectly has a cheap paint job on it but it is a solid piece and mandrel bends you can not touch anything for this price...

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
my friend crx's pacesetter has not rusted out. well the tail pipe/tip has fallen off now. but for 150 bucks by 2 or 3 and you will have exhausts for about 6 years. it takes about 3 years then they start to rust like hell.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
I've had the Pacesetter on my Eclipse and SE-R. For only $150, it's not bad. What do you expect for $150 anyway? I had a few minor fitment problems with both. Nothing major though. I have heard that if you live in the north and drive it on salted roads in the winter, expect it to rust out pretty quickly.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

1 - 8 of 8 Posts