SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
How's it going. Well, there are a few differences between the two. I have never used the pacesetter header, keep in mind.

Pacesetter: Inexpensive, from what I've heard it has good performance. However, the paint finish on it isn't very good, and tends to look ugly.

HotShot: More expensive, and a nice ceramic finish. My butt dyno said the performance is very nice. I do have that damn cricket sound, and I installed everything correctly. Overall, I am pleased with it.

Hope this helps.

(Edit) The PaceSetter should fit fine. I don't know if those header come with a plug for the AIV (for 91-94 sr20s, the AIV isn't on 95+)...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
while i don't have any personal experience w/ the pacesetter, i'll just concur w/ Xosis' synopsis.

i love the HS headers. i almost wish i had waited for the 4th design, but i wanted power!

i'd be a little uneasy about putting on the 91-94 design onto a 99. you might want to ask Jacen99. he has had both (or still has) B14 and B13.
also if the 91-94 pacesetter DOES work why not buy it from Nopi? it's cheaper, check out Nopionline.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Pacesetter: Inexpensive, from what I've heard it has good performance. However, the paint finish on it isn't very good, and tends to look ugly.
There is NO paint finish on a pacesetter!!!!!!
Its just there for SHIPPING PURPOSES.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Well if you do want to spend a few more bucks then you can get the Pacesetters ceramic coated,,which they actually come in....directly from pacesetter....

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Stiletto said:
i'd be a little uneasy about putting on the 91-94 design onto a 99. [/url].
The headers are the same for *all* '91-'99 SR20DE's, with the exception of the AIV port required for the '91-'93 SR20DE's. That could easily be plugged up for the '94+ cars.

--Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
1993 NX2000

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So rollcage am i safe to buy them? i am pretty glad that they dont have any coating this way they look stock i am not trying to win a car show now :D yaaay i get headers.... thanx dude's i do appreciate grattitude

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Bro, if you dont have the dough, "Pick up the PACE" :D
I see you are in Orlando. Ive installed 2 Pacesetter headers now.
If you need help, Holla Holla!!!!!!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Smoothdaddy

Hey, yes i was thinking about going with PACE cause the enhancements on hp with hot shot and the price differnce i mean i dont know i am gonna go wit pace..... can't you wrap your headers in some cloth type stuff or something like that help me out guys...:cool:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
No, the cloth will hold in moisture and really RUST yo ****!!!
What some people do is spray paint it with 1500 degree paint and then bake it in the oven. FOR REAL!!! Do you think your momma would trip if she saw a header in the oven!!! LOL!!!!
If not then you should PM "SERprise In WV".
He baked his!!!! ( stuffing sold seperatly ) And it worked excellent according to him.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
aha, found him!!! ( his post anyway )!!!!

here's what he did:

I just sanded the header down and high-temp painted it. Then, baked it at 400 degrees in the oven for about an hour. It has held up okay. The flaking bothered me, but now I'm over it.

You should pull your header out and do the same. $3.99 at AutoZone/PepBoys/Advance Auto. Easy Saturday afternoon job. Just do the primary.
I have heard the ceramic stuff flakes off too. Dont get it. Just get the original. Here in FLA you will do okay. No salt or snow!!!

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
Damn, and I wanted a VE motor!

About how much would I be looking at to get a Pacesetter header and a Figgie install???

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
Nevermind, $135 from NOPI??? DAMN!!!!!

Lowering springs or header? Lowering springs or header? Lowering springs or header? Lowering springs or header? Lowering springs or header? Lowering springs and header...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Se-r-ebel said:
So rollcage am i safe to buy them? i am pretty glad that they dont have any coating this way they look stock i am not trying to win a car show now :D yaaay i get headers.... thanx dude's i do appreciate grattitude
I don't know... Are you safe to buy them? I already answered your question in my previous post... Don't know why you need a second confirmation from me.

·
Registered
194 Posts
so everybody is saying the 91-99 sr20de's all accept the same header pretty much. what about the 2000 se motor? haven't heard anyone pipe in about this yet. it looks identical to my 96 sr20de as far as manifolds go.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
IIRC, the HS B15 header hasn't been made yet. the collector *might* be identical (i'm not positive on this as i don't know if there are any diffs 'tween B13/14 and B15), but the secondary would have to be altered to accomodate the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Re: Pacesetter header or hotshot??¿¿

Se-r-ebel said:
hey
on a 99 se what would be better a pacesetter or hotshot header???? on the Jcwhitney site http://www.jcwhitney.com/productnoitem.jhtml?CATID=62969&BQ=jcw2 i dont know if these headers will fit ??? if you can help a newbie i would appreciate it
I think the hotshot is better. But the pacesetter works and is much cheaper.

The header for the 91-99 is the same except for the AIV in the earlier models (as rollcage already said). If you get a header with an AIV hole but no plug, just take it to a muffler shop and have them weld something to cover the hole.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts