SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know we all think Pacesetter is pretty much crap (or at least it used to be anyway). I was looking at Carparts.com, and they now have Armor Coated Pacesetter headers. Gotta be better than the black painted crap they sell. At $243, the price is pretty good. The design, at least on the website, is 4-2-1 like the Hotshot (do I have that right?). 1.5" primaries. 2" collector. All the smog hookups. Anyone tried these Armor coated ones to see if they're any good? It's tempting at that price.....

Someone please talk some sense into me before I buy those.

Thanks,
Matt

[This message has been edited by MaddMatt (edited 01-25-2001).]

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
well i will tell ya how the build quality in a couple weeks
a friend is buying one for a 1st gen crx. since there are only 2 header for the 1st gen we dont have much choice. well there is another and its more expensive than the 400 buck dc sports one. the pacesetter is 120 bucks for the crx. figure if it rusts out, like every other pacesetter ive ever heard of has, if it lasts 2 years we got our moneys worth, and it will match the pacesetter cat back it has on it.

personaly i would just save up for a hotshot. but considering there is a huge wait, you probaly could just put the order in now and by then have the money

G

·
Yeah, what is up with that? i've been looking at different aftermarket suppliers, and almost all of them have a wait for the Hotshot header....Where can you purchase the aebs? I've heard that's a pretty good alternative.

G

·
I've had a pacesetter header on my NX for about 1.5 years now.. It's ok. I did have a noticeable gain in power. It was easy to install and fit well. One good thing about it is that it doesn't have a flex pipe. It's got a ball type joint instead. I got it for $130 from JC Whitney.

G

·
So the Pacesetters weren't that bad, Eh? The reason I ask is finding any of the other manufacturer's Headers is close to impossible, and everyone wants some ridiculous amount of $ for them....JCWhitney has them on sale(the Armor Coated ones)with free shipping this upcoming month(Feb.)-Did you just reuse all the stock mounting hardware, NX? Haven't had any problems with fitment or gaskets? I was going to order a set of copper gaskets anyway if I did upgrade the headers, anyway. Do you have road salt out your way(I'm assuming you do)and the headers haven't cracked peeled or anything? That's Great!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts