SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I call pacesetter because the primary to secondard gasket sucks balls and it's just card board burnt up and left me with one hell of a leak.

I ask politely for a new gasket, it takes a few tries but I finally get one free of charge (nice guys). I check the UPS package today and I see that it's not a cardboard gasket at all but a very very nice Copper gasket

Two thumbs up.
Just for the record i stripped the paint off the header months ago and coated it with black HighTemp Grill paint Haven't had a problem since.

O

·
WWJD
2,092 Posts
cool beans

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
i need to take mine off sense there paint is burned off now.. maybe sometime when the weather is better

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
I guess since the OBX/SS header has come out they've been kinda worried about losing business......:rolleyes:

·
Man with slow car
327 Posts
My gasket burnt out, so I just went to a art store and got a piece of sheet copper. I'm gonna try to make my own gasket. Hope it works.

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
OnyxEros said:
So I call pacesetter because the primary to secondard gasket sucks balls and it's just card board burnt up and left me with one hell of a leak.

I ask politely for a new gasket, it takes a few tries but I finally get one free of charge (nice guys). I check the UPS package today and I see that it's not a cardboard gasket at all but a very very nice Copper gasket

Two thumbs up.
Just for the record i stripped the paint off the header months ago and coated it with black HighTemp Grill paint Haven't had a problem since.

O
Yeah. I was just as surprised when he pulled out this nice copper gasket and then said it was free. Then said it was from Pacesetter!! :eek:
I was like DAMN! I need one.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
OnyxEros said:

Two thumbs up.

O
So the rat bastards copied the Hotshot gasket as well :eek:

Duck

Mike

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
choaderboy2 said:

Duck

Mike
....LOL.....

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
choaderboy2 said:

Duck

Mike
I don't doubt it at all
:tongue:

You just tell HS to get that new header patented and up for sale and watch how quickly my loyalty shifts ;)
O

·
Sportbike fevah
1,003 Posts
choaderboy2 said:

Duck

Mike
All I know, is I need a couple of hotshot gaskets, the primary-->engine
and the secondary-->primary connection. To go with my (new to me)
I *think* Gen V header. Any idea what John gets for gaskets? I like
the stock steel for the cat connection quite well.

Peter

·
Registered
541 Posts
my gasket blew out 3times. the one that came with the header blew out within a week. I finally did the aluminum can with rtv silcon and havent had a problem since. its been 3mths now and no leak.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts