SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever heard of PAECO? They apparently make a whole bunch of stuff for our cars. They are sending me a catalog and I will post as to what exactly they've got.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I've heard of them. They build lots and lots of different engines. Would be a good place to get a replacement engine IF imported jdm engines weren't so damn cheap. They will probably be able to sell you a remanufactured motor or at least a nice rebuild kit. Dunno if they do any serious performance stuff for SR20s

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I have learned so far is that they make a complete exhaust (header, high-flow cat, and cat-back with muffler) for the classic at least - like I said, the complete catalog will reveal all. I have NOT been able to ascertain whether it is stainless or coated or rustproof or made of rust. It does say that it's all mandrel-bent, and for the headers they say that they guarantee at least a 12% horsepower increase. Seventeen horses from a header ain't bad.

Their website is:

http://www.paeco.com/

Cheers all

------------------
SR20DE - Tiny but Mighty

·
Zed's dead baby
336 Posts
Theres pictures on the site of their exhaust systems. They look a bit like pace-setter's.

------------------
'95 200sx Se-R Stillen Exhaust, Weapon R adapter intake, 17" Chrome w/ Nitto NT 555, Arospeed Adjustable coilovers

G

·
0 Posts
I have 2 of thier catalogs. I see no headers or exhausts for the sr20. I do see bushings and swaybars though. Let me know if they have them in the catalog you get, mine is last years.

------------------
www.importpartsplus.com

The beginning...

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They just sent me another email - "please allow 3 weeks for delivery of catalog." I guess we just have to wait; besides, I just found out my A/C compressor is going bad - anybody think $700 to replace it (parts and labor) is unreasonable? That's what the dealership wants.

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
They sell pace setter crap.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stine:
for the headers they say that they guarantee at least a 12% horsepower increase. Seventeen horses from a header ain't bad.
</font>
Um, lol, no.
Companies (often crappy companies) often claim exaggerted HP gains to attract more business. I remember back in the day Stillen claimed 10hp from their axle-back exhaust system for our cars. We all know now that we're lucky to get 2-3hp out of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts