SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Anti-Search Nazi
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just painted my wipers finally, they are a nice bright florecent green, jk. I know allot of B14 guys have the black paint on their wipers gone or in the process of getting gone, so I decided to take matters in my own hands and take them off and sand and re-paint them flat black with the one and only Krylon.

Taking them off was a easy affair, just use a flathead screwdriver and pry off the plastic lids off the base of the wiper and use a 14mm (I believe) socket, with the hood up. Take the blades off the wipes and proceed to sand your heart out, and then paint. Once finished painting them suckas, by using light coats (letting them dry in between coats) re-install reverse of diss-assemble.

Nice new looking wipers are in YOUR future, for little money so go and make that happen fellow B14er's :D

·
Registered
377 Posts
yeah yeah , i suffer the same problem infact you can see the shiny metal on the driver side wiper of my 200. its still rather cold up north here in PA so i haven't had time to do it. i'm still waiting for my clutch to come in the mail so i can do that

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
SR20steve said:
...so I decided to take matters in my own hands and take them off and sand and re-paint them flat black with the one and only Krylon.
I did the same last year with the one and only Krylon flat black :D

I need to do them again because some of the paint is coming off due to road debris - I will sand them this time vs. straight painting them :tongue:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Whew! Boy I was about to flame your ass when you said florescent green. Nice write up. What kind of sandpaper did you use?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yeah, I just did the same thing last week. The metal was showing, so I had to hook it up. It took me a few days since I took one day to sand the hell out of it (I used 400, 600, and 1000 grit sanding paper). After sanding and rinsing them down, I primered them (two coats with light sanding in-between each coat), then painted them black (two coats). They came out nice.

·
Anti-Search Nazi
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
John Doe said:
Whew! Boy I was about to flame your ass when you said florescent green. Nice write up. What kind of sandpaper did you use?

I really don't know the grit of the sandpaper, it was some left over from my project "polish the valve cover" that was a failure. I would say about 80 or 100 grit most likely.

PS- you can even see my wipers doing the bling bling in my sig pic, LOL.

·
fight on
473 Posts
i read this thread yesterday, and i painted mine today, it was cake :cool:

i almost didnt see the sike^^ at the bottom, i was gonna say... ahah

·
Wants Primera Race Motor
2,390 Posts
i got piaa blades, they work great;)

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Holy crap! You guys go to some great lengths to paint wiper blades! LOL When I didn mine a few months ago, I just hit them with the 400 grit sand paper evenly, wiped them down with a wet paper towel, and sprayed 4 coats of rustoleum satin black auto paint. Mine were very bady, hardly any paint on them at all, and the new paint hasnt got one mark on it at all, its been about 3 months or so now, id say.

·
Registered
164 Posts
You guys might want to give Jasco a try. It strips paint right off with out having to sand. Just be sure to wear some thick gloves cause it burns.

·
Yes, it's a Sentra
581 Posts
Im thinkin about a single wiper conversion....
Don't do it.... Been there done that, It sucks!

I just did my sister's 98 SE and they look great. Mine are next

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Haha...man, did you see the *SIKE*

I was like...WTF...you EEEEEEEEEdiot. Then I saw the sike. Haha...good stuff.

I thought I was the only one with ugle wipers. Good to know, I still got some black paint left. I'm not cool like you guys tho, I'm just gonna spray them on the car with a ghetto towel behind it to block the paint from going everywhere. Haha...

Jason

1 - 16 of 16 Posts