SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, I would like my tailights all red and have heard of people just painting the orange area with some sort of hobby paint or something? would this look alright and does it work? or would it be more worth it to have a body shop paint the whole things maybe a different shade of red?
any info is appreciated!
Thanks,
Brendan

·
Registered
244 Posts
I know that at car hop-up shops they sell red spray tint made for doing just that. model paint may work as well.

------------------
Daniel K
93 NX2000 w/ intake, clear bumper lenses and more to come!!!!!

·
Registered
723 Posts
the paint that most people use is Testor's Candy Apple Red... i dont like what i've seen though... it looks kinda "muddy".... i'd rather have half red/clear or leave it the way it is

·
Registered
844 Posts
I used some stuff called "film spray crystal". I think it is from Japan. You spray it ont the lights and it drys to a clear finish. You can even peel it off of the lights like a sticker if you want the orange back.
I hear that the hobby paint clouds up and fades. I've had this stuff on for almost a year and it has not fadded or peeled off. I would recommend it to anybody.

------------------
The dirty rain falls in funky town
95ser W/s3,place race CAI,header,catback,JWT ECU,short throw,17" shoguns,kyb,pro lines,strut tower, yadda,yadda...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts