SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK my NX is sitting in the garage waiting for me to get money to replace wheel bearings. Meanwhile I have a Pacesetter header sitting in my garage that I haven't really paid any attention to. Since I have some time I thought I would clean it up some and put it on. I have a sandblaster so I could prep the header if necessary. If I cleaned it up good and put some hi-temp paint on would it work out well? Or will it just burn off in a few months like the regular paint? Would it be better to remove the paint on there currently before putting the hi-temp on? TIA,

G

·
did you know that under load your header is so hot that it glows see through? regular paint will burn off and for high temp paint to work it needs to be the proper stuff, either HPC coated or we have over here a prouduct by VHT sutible for exhausts. personaly unless its going to be HPC coated i wouldnt even bother, if it has a bit of rustyness on it that will pretty much all go away once it gets hot. but yeah dont bother unless its HPC coating getting done. but if you do decide to use a spray can, definatly remove all the old paint and get a clean surface, then warm the header in an oven or simalar if its cold weather, helps the paint dry smoother. yeah go hard man. at the moment i have the look of header through radiator and condenser, but thats just me. :)
chris.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
most definitely take the old paint off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts