SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cherry Destroyer
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about painting the stock b14 SER rims bronze like the nismo ones for the spev-v.... any suggestions

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
Contact Tokes. He's the rattlecan expert. At any rate, it's not difficult to do, just requires patience.

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Contact Tokes. He's the rattlecan expert. At any rate, it's not difficult to do, just requires patience.
Patience is definately the key. I did some recently and spent several hours sanding and prepping. They turned out nice.

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
Oh, and before I forget, get yourself some "aircraft paint stripper" at the local parts shop. It's about 6 bucks a can, and will eat ALL finishing product off of the wheel in a matter of about 5 minutes. (Best used on a wheel that doesn't have a tire mounted). Then just lightly scuff up the alloy rim itself, and commence to spraying evenly with VERY light coats. They'll dry fast but I still recommend you wait about 5~10 minutes between coats, for proper bonding.

One more thing, make sure you get a paint that will bond to metal alloy nicely. I used crate motor paint on mine, and it's almost as if I powdercoated them.

·
Do Work!
222 Posts
duplicolor bronze wheel paint. It looks amazing...sand, primer, paint, clear. Not too hard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts