SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, im driving a 1992 Sentra XE which had an engine transplant about 6 months ago and wanna get some bolt on's to make it a little more fun to drive
the clear coat is GONE on the car, and is rusting a bit, but that isnt deterring me :D
anyways if anyone in ontario has the following parts or knows where i can get cheap aftermarket parts in ONTARIO or canada for that matter hit me up ;)
these are in no particular order and im not looking to buy all of them at once, being a student :D

anyway if you guys have any suggestions on other mods to improve the car i would love to hear it :D

im looking for :

1. Coilovers
2. Front Strut Bar
3. Rims (16's or 17's with rubber)
4. Short ram intake

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
front strut bar:
probably the cheapest ones you can get is the ractive one. I think it's lie $60. There are cheap ebay ones ($10) but after you pay for shipping and customs, they arent quite so reasonable.
As far as coilovers, most people on the board like the ground control coilovers www.ground-control.com paired with the AGX shocks. If youre interested, I have a set of near brand new AGXs for sale. One of the best retailers is jamie at www.powertechimports.com. Reasonable prices, fast shipping and great customer service.

However, from personal experince with the GA16, you should really consider a header and exhaust system, as well as advancing the timing. Compared to cars that oroginally came with the SR20, your GA header and exhaust flow like crap and you stand to pick up alot of power. Surprisingly, advancing the timing to 15° is worth quite a bit of top end power, although you need to run premuim gas.

Where abouts in ontario are you located?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks man! im in scarborough, almost near pickering
yah i saw those strut bars, would they be worth the 40 US dollars?
price is obviously a main factor here
but thanks for replying

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
Price definitely is a factor with a 1.6 sentra. If i were you, i would not spend big bucks on this car, especially things specific to the car. Wheels you could always put on a future vehicle. If I were you, I'd do Pacesetter header, 2" exhaust, intake, advance timing, SR20 throttle body and no more. NX2000/sentra SE-R rear sway bar, and maybe a set of SE-R springs if you can find a set for cheap.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CanadianG said:
Pickering in da HOUSE!
401 and PORT UNION in the house haha

anyone know where i can get COILOVERS for my sentra (92 XE) ASAP
i got my strut bar and rims
so if you see a grey sentra with white 16'' 8-spokes dont be afraid to say HI :D

·
I look good going slow
1,161 Posts
CArheadz what car u got? Im getting another SR20 vehicle hopefully friday

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Carheadz said:
I'm driving a 96 200SX SE-R
Meadowvale and Ellesmere...you live by the rouge go station don't you?
yup rigth by the go station but not those new houses....i feel bad for them,,,the train must be so loud....im in the older houses on Oxhorn

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
I'm driving a 96 200SX SE-R
I was under the impression that 200SX SE-Rs were only availible in Canada in 1995 and 1998. Was yours imported from the states?

·
I look good going slow
1,161 Posts
We should have a Darknights meet Im bringing 2 SR20's back into town and hopefully a 3rd

1 - 16 of 16 Posts