SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my passenger side motor mount from Courtesy yesterday-had it installed in about an hour (after almost stripping the top engine mount bolt- NOTE: be sure to lift the engine WAY UP so you take the load off - or you will strip the threads-which is NOT GOOD...) anyway the side of the mount was polished up like chrome from rubbing against the frame horn- the mount had collapsed and the center collar was ripped pretty good (of course you couldn't see this without taking it off...) the point is: I was thinking of getting the ES set for the pass and driver side mounts (before I ordered the OE mount,) but I think they would have to be in good shape to start with, or you would still have the rubbing, etc... Any Ideas???

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
The ES passenger side insert in a press-in piece, so the broken bits inside the mount would be taken out. The driver's side mount isn't as substantial - the bracket is hefty, but the mount itself is quite a bit smaller.

You could have probably gotten away with the ES inserts, but doesn't the new OE passenger mount feel great? It made the biggest difference of all the mounts on my SE-R.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JimR- thanks for the reply... I didn't realize the ES mount for the pass. side was a press in unit... good info to know, huh! Anyway, I have talked to a few SE-R gurus and they all say that the factory Nissan is the best peice for the pass. side, and that you can't tell much (if any) diff with the ES mount- of course for $75 it should be good! Yeah, it is smooth, and I am still thinking of replacing that freakish oval rear mount so I will have all new mounts (except for the driver side) and hopefully eliminate most of my wheel hop (the new mounts helped that enormously... of the add-ons I've seen and heard about, new mounts/ES inserts would have to be in the top 10!!! Of course, as usual that is just my humble opinion...
Thanks for any and all responses- NXDude in MO.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JimR:
The ES passenger side insert in a press-in piece, so the broken bits inside the mount would be taken out. The driver's side mount isn't as substantial - the bracket is hefty, but the mount itself is quite a bit smaller.

You could have probably gotten away with the ES inserts, but doesn't the new OE passenger mount feel great? It made the biggest difference of all the mounts on my SE-R.
</font>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NXDude.
The engine mounts are a real party. I have tried a lot of combos and find that the final outcome works best. At 1st I tried a full set of JWT mounts, but the engine never sat right after that. When something broke I switched the "rear insulator" mount back to factory w/ black graphite Poly inserts from Energy S. Wow, it's level again and works great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts