SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I am looking for easiest/cheapest way to replace the passenger side motor mount. While replacing the chain tensioner today, I decide to feel the mount for cracks. What I found was a hole big enough to stick my thumb in. My current thought is to get an OEM bracket (28.99) and an ES insert. I'm hoping that means I can press the insert in using the car-as-vise method and not have to worry about getting the old one out. Sound okay? Do I want these mounts:

Motor Mount Inserts - 2 torque mount positions only

Or these?

Solid Motor Mount & Insert
(These are in addition to the 7-1105) Recommended for racing only!
Includes Driver side inserts & Passenger side replacement bushing

Thanks,
Blake
91nx2k

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
MDmathNX said:
Hey everybody. I am looking for easiest/cheapest way to replace the passenger side motor mount. While replacing the chain tensioner today, I decide to feel the mount for cracks. What I found was a hole big enough to stick my thumb in. My current thought is to get an OEM bracket (28.99) and an ES insert. I'm hoping that means I can press the insert in using the car-as-vise method and not have to worry about getting the old one out. Sound okay?
Thanks,
Blake
91nx2k
Just get a set of es Mounts. The hole you are speaking of is suppose to be there. The ES inserts replace all the rubber, the insert will be one big piece of
polyerethane.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
The solid mount and insert are the ones you want if you're going to use ES inserts on your driver and passenger side mounts. The torque set is for the dogbone and firewall mounts.

The big poly insert for the passenger, or "front" engine mount, is a press-in piece. It's not a skate, or at least it wasn't for me. You have to press or painstakingly drill/pry/swear out the old liquid-filled guts, remove a metal bar within a ring, and only then can you go about vising in the ES insert.

The absolute easiest thing to get Place Racing mounts. They're $225, which makes them way more expensive than ES, but you get three mounts ready to go in. You have to buy an ES torque set to have a new bushing to press in the dogbone.

If you can't take the car off the road while you fight with pressing in the passenger mount, get a spare mount to work on or just get Place Racing.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Also anouther option would be the Prothane mounts which are in the group buy section right now for around $50 shipped depending on your location. This is all 4 (actually 5) new mounts. It's 5 becuse the front crossmember mount has two smaller bushings. I love mine. You do have to press them out but you do with the ES too.

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
How much is a stocker? I put a new stock unit in mine. It's AOK. That would be the easiest.

If you have 'goals' it might not be approprriate, but this mount does the least work, and contributes the heavily to annoying vibration when made solid (Except maybe the ES firewall insert is more annoying). There's a reason it's liquid filled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.