SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I put the 4 ES inserts in yesterday and everything was going fine until I got to the passenger mount. I put that back in but when I went to put the three bolts in that connect the mount to the block, one of the three stripped. When I turn the bolt it just keeps turning without tightening. I was wondering if I should take it out and replace it with a longer one so I can put a nut at the end of it to make it tight that way....any ideas??

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Saaby:
When I turn the bolt it just keeps turning without tightening. I was wondering if I should take it out and replace it with a longer one so I can put a nut at the end of it to make it tight that way....any ideas??
</font>
You dont necessarily need to do that. Wrell, you could, but how would you get under there to put a nut on? Go to your nearest auto parts store and buy Heli-coil. Its somehting that makes a new thread. Prefect for your situation. Im not sure exaclt how it works, but im told it works well. I believe theres a thread on heer about it now, so do a search, and i know for a fct its been talked about on the maling list so check the archives on se-r.net

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
858 Posts
the nut worked for me with some loctite so it wont come loose but the helicoil is good too if you dont want to spend much time on this just get the nut on there. to put a helicoil you have to drill the hole bigger tap and place helicoil and wallah good as new but takes at least a 1/2 hour and more money for the helicoil kit. good luck

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts