SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you post diagrams of your vaccum limes to and from the wastegate? also what is the setting on the back of the boost controller for external type wastegate? Im putting the new setup on the car this weekend and want to be as prepaired as possible. please post you diagrams or drawings. thanks :D

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
dip switches are Up Down Down Up in that order on the back. That will set you up for external wastegate. Now, the WG has a port on top and one on the side. The side one goes to the compressor housing (If your T25 has no nipple on the housing, then route it to a nipple on the compressor outlet pipe) and the top goes to the black greddy controller box. The other nipple on the black box goes to the IM.

Brent

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coach said:
dip switches are Up Down Down Up in that order on the back. That will set you up for external wastegate. Now, the WG has a port on top and one on the side. The side one goes to the compressor housing (If your T25 has no nipple on the housing, then route it to a nipple on the compressor outlet pipe) and the top goes to the black greddy controller box. The other nipple on the black box goes to the IM.

Brent
its going on a t3/t04e :D

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
cool, then there will be a nipple/barb fitting on the compressor housing. THat goes to the middle one on the TIAL WG. Then the top one on the TIAL goes to the greddy black box.

Brent

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
coach said:
cool, then there will be a nipple/barb fitting on the compressor housing. THat goes to the middle one on the TIAL WG. Then the top one on the TIAL goes to the greddy black box.

Brent
there is no niple on the compressor housing.. I bought it from cheapturboes and had the housing polished. . should I drill and tap it or find another source?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Look at the turbine housing. At the exit there should be a tapped hole for a fitting. The directions will ask you to route this to the wastegate side port. This is the line you would tee into for the connection coach is describing. The other is as stated to the top of the wastegate. The tubing I believe was different sizes so make sure the tee or y union you use fits properly.

Brass fitting in the picture below:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, my turbo doesnt have that .. i guess ill have to tap it .. can i tap the intercooler pipe right after the compressor instead?

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Your call, tapping the compressor makes it easy if you ever change pipes or anything, it will always be there, and if you don't need the nipple just plug it.

Brent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts