SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93.5 g20, 5spd, 60k.
Installing Stillen Intake this weekend, (deep water in FL in summer makes me nervous about CAI - might try homemade in future.)
COnsidering headers, Stillen or Hotshot, or? and timing advance.
Any other performance suggestions to give car some power, without diving in too deep. Vendor preferences? Street drive only. THX!

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Nahh, turbo is easy. Can do it all by yourself with very little tools. See?

Piece of cake
heh

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joek:
Installing Stillen Intake this weekend, (deep water in FL in summer makes me nervous about CAI - might try homemade in future.)
</font>
Ya know, I am really starting to get annoyed when i hear people say this!!! Nothing will happen to your car if you get a couple drops of water up the pipe. Chances are it wont make it any further than the damn MAF anyways. The only way you can damage your car with a friggin CAI is if you sit in a foot deep puddle and rev the **** out of your engine. For god sakes i have a six inch wide hole in my plastic fender liner and I still have my CAI and ive driven in rain. BTW its been liek that almost a year now

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
COnsidering headers, Stillen or Hotshot, or? and timing advance.
</font>
Don't even consider a Stillen, it sucks. The best choices are Hotshots 4-2-1 and AEBS's 4-1.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

[This message has been edited by RPWSER (edited 05-04-2001).]

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
So far my favorite mod has been the UR underdrive pulleys. Only 6hp, but 6hp over nearly the entire rpm range, unlike a header which gives you 8-10 but only at higher rpms. Don't get me wrong, the Hotshot is a fine piece and worth the money. I was just shocked at how much differece $200 pulleys made. IMO, the best bang-4-the-buck mod that you spend money on. Timing advance is free

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts