SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I'll freely admit that this post is, at it's heart, shameless spam. Now to the subject at hand.

I was reading the thread on the classic forum about somebody finally making a rear strut bar for the 91-94 SE-R's. That got me to thinking if there are any other things that SR20DE owners wished they had, but no one made them. I can't think of many things myself, because I'm quite happy with my 91 SE-R as it is and I'll probably never modify it, aside from replacing things that wear out.

(And now for the spam part) I'm a design engineer and just started working for a small engineering services firm that's always looking for the next project to keep the money coming in. If enough people want a particular product, we might be able to design and manufacture it (especially for Classics, since I have one to use as a test bed).

So, what do you think? What do you wish you had that you can't buy?

JP

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Here are some things I'd like:

- A block-off plate for the EGR hole on the intake manifold of high-port SR20's - one that looks sano, totally factory.

- A new grille for my '92 SE-R. Something cool, but not outrageous. Maybe a simple design like on the '98 Sentra SE and similar.

- A bolt-on front brake ducting kit for B13s. Everything down to grommits for the hole in the fender liner. Maybe a bracket that would attach to an existing bolt point on the hub, so you wouldn't have to do any cheesy twist-tie rigging.

[This message has been edited by JimR (edited 10-02-2001).]

·
Registered
43 Posts
this thread is definitely gettin some jokes. here's my 2 cents.

how's about a RB26DETT retrofitted in my g20 for the low cost of $19.99 (shipping not included).

on the serious side, there's lotsa stuff that's hard to find for a g20. but i ain't got the budget. (does your company have a website?)

·
The Groove Master
4,241 Posts
I want a supercharger kit, either a Vortech-style centrifugal, or a Jackson Racing type integrated with the intake manifold. With some kind of BOV or wastegate to eliminate the grenading that happened in the early SC experiments.

People in hell want ice water too...

Seriously, a grille would be about the only exterior mod I'd consider, but it would also be nice to have a guage bezel with integrated pods for other instruments, like I've seen for the Hondas.

------------------
1994 SE-R Super Black
HS CAI, STB, NX console, 15" rolling stock, more to come...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Decent Intake Manifold. Also more general parts like exauhst and CAI CHEAP FOR A LOW PORT SE-R GOD I WANT ONE. hmm lets see how about some nice little dress up kits for our lovely sr20de. il let u know what else i get

The weedster.

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Well thanks for the offering and here goes my suggestions as of 10:38 and 4 Bud lites in the hole.

1st. for looks I would have to agree that a new front grill design would be in order, B13. I want to try a few things with mine and I know that if I mess it up that there is 100 waiting for a new home in the local junk yards. I want to use fiber glass but don't know of the long term against plastic.

2nd. A antenna relocation kit. Something kool to put the antenna in the pillar that comes up from the cowl.(maybe a stupid idea)

3rd. a good kit that would take out the awefull window problems we B13 owners have. Maybe a kit that would include a new Channel rubber and In a crazy color like red,yellow,and blue.

Side note: you have opened a really good can here for ideas.

Darren

------------------
91 Classic running 9.6's in 1/8 W/ Header& PR CAI

·
Registered
185 Posts
It would be great to have a full 3" exhaust fabricated for the B13 that would clear lowered suspension.

travis

·
The Groove Master
4,241 Posts
Aftermarket taillights. Not those stupid Altezzas, but something that reflects the Nissan heritage. I think that Skyline-style afterburner lights would be cool for the B13.

I second the filter relocation kit.

·
Registered
220 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by u4ikstilz:
this thread is definitely gettin some jokes. here's my 2 cents.

how's about a RB26DETT retrofitted in my g20 for the low cost of $19.99 (shipping not included).

</font>
Aww man, I was gonna say that!

------------------
96 200SX SE-R
Eibach Sportline Springs, Place Racing CAI, HKS Super Drager Exhaust, Hotshot G4 Header

Soon to be STOCK!!
http://photos.yahoo.com/sr20ser

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, thanks for all the replies. I think. I figured that I might get some silly answers to my stupid question.

Anyways, the suggestions were either pretty complicated (like superchargers) or too small of a project for our company to make any money on. However, I make take on some of the small projects myself, such as the EGR block-off plate and maybe the new grille.

So, I'll keep you posted if I come up with anything.

JP

PS I admit - I would love to have a supercharger on my car. How many kits do you think would sell if one was available?

·
The Groove Master
4,241 Posts
Depends on the price. I really want one, but I'm poor

------------------
1994 SE-R Super Black
HS CAI, STB, NX console, 15" rolling stock, more to come...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts