SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am a new SE-R owner and see a very promising future with this engine. I am used to dealing with my prior weird cars, Merkur XR4Ti & Fiat X 1/9. Yeah, I know. This is this first quote, unquote, RICE-BURNER I have ever owned and love it so far, especially after the exhaust and intake installations. I have only had the car one week and have read much about the SR20DE engines and its capabilities. What I would like to know is what performance mods and tweeks have worked or not worked for you. I am also looking for some 17" wheels if anyone has a set theyd like to get rid of. I know that I cant do a da*& thing with the 109 top MPH without the OBDII upgrade, and that is definitely up and coming. Thanks in advance for all who reply! Later!

[This message has been edited by ProjectSE-R (edited 07-06-2001).]

G

·
Welcome aboard.

Hey, looks like you did the custom SE-R thing with the GTR badge like me. What did you use for the SE part (can't see too well in the image)? I used it off a Ford Taurus (I know I know...) Maybe consider removing the factory SE-R trim so it's not too cluttered back there and double redundant.

This place along with SE-R.net is a sea of knowledge with a grip of helpful folx. I'm new to these cars myself and have gotten so much input. My only complaint is that I don't have enough money to do all the mods I read about.

What's up with that ugly ass spoiler on the Neon? Please tell me it's not yours...

Rich

G

·
Dohhhhh....quite right my friend.
Dumb ol' me. Didn't look at the tail lights closely. Paid more attention to the c pillar...Just so used to seeing Neons with big spoilers and all. Definately an Imprezza.

I will schedule an appointment with the Optometrist on Monday

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No Neons here! Its my friends 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS. Get this, he has NOS on it, its an auto!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well. when I could get her to run right, she screamed. I ate 5.0's all day. I had a mechanic friend of mine help me with the engine part, the BIG jobs anyway. The Merks didnt have intercoolers from the factory unlike the SVO mustang and T-bird Turbo Coupes, So I added one from a late 80's 944. Then upgraded the T3 to a Grand National Turbo, ran 19 psi with ported intakes and heads. I installed a 9" ford with 3.73 gears and ripped out the T-9 for the infamous T-5 tranny. All in all, she scorched the earth, that is until I blew the head gasket and ultimately melted a piston to the cylinder! AHHH!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
nope, see the wing in person and you will like it. is that the sti or cusco wing?

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace,SMC BAKB, motul 600 brake fluid, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think he said it was the WRX Version 5 wing. It is an obtrusive devil isnt it, but somehow, in person it works with the car.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Alright, another SE-R owner somewhat close to me. We have a few SE-Rs around here, so I'll let you know next time we get together. I'm in Nashville.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds good! Always like to see some other SE-R's! I am hell bent on getting some 17's this weekend! Kind of need to anyway, just sold my stock setup to some guy in MA! Later!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts