SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow SE-R owners. I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on some inexpensive performance upgrades for my car. I'm experiencing a little hesitation when I let off the clutch in first gear. I'm going to do the MAF re-ground, clean the throttle body, and try to tighten up the throttle cable today. Once I get myself a reliable voltmeter and a timing light, I will also adjust the TPS and advance the timing. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I've also noticed that aftermarket parts for the SE-R aren't as easy to come by as they are for a Honda. Any suggestions on aftermarket parts dealers?

------------------
Red 1992 SE-R, 16" Primax Racing wheels, Yokohoma tires, Weapon-R intake, NGK Platinum spark plugs & wires

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts
i suggest get rid of the weaon r intake and go PR CAI, about the same price as the weapon r intake. And also if you get underdrive pulleys they are "The best bang for your buck" for less then 200 bucks you can get hp of gains proven at 6+hp this is coming from se-r.net those are probally the best mods you can get for the money. next if you want to upgrade exhasut dont pay 600 for the greddy one when you can get it from nizmo.com for almost 100 bucks cheaper! well ive said enough

------------------
-Dennis w/ 91 Classic DET, Tokiko, Eibach and some more SE-Rious Goodies
http://www.geocities.com/averex2k/dennis/dennis.htm
Or Vist the Biggest Collection os SE-R's on the WEB: if you want you pic added, email me :)
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1757993&a=13556536&f=0&sp=1&showall=true

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I want to start off with "inexpensive" mods until I can totally get my wife out of the car. See, she still uses it as her everyday driver. She says that if I were to buy her a 2001 Chevy Tahoe, then I would be able to drive/modify the SE-R as I please. That's a pretty reasonable request, huh?

------------------
Red 1992 SE-R, 16" Primax Racing wheels, Yokohoma tires, Weapon-R intake, NGK Platinum spark plugs & wires

·
Of Topic Count: 11,684
1,168 Posts

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
most in expensive=

bump up your ignition timing about 2 deg or so the only thing you have to do after that is run the highest octane gas at the pumps.

The pulleys are a good idea too...

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts