SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 4-1 Stillen header and I'm trying to find the right gasket to buy before I buy it. My main concern is the primary to secondary gasket. After long searching, I still didn't come up with a concrete answer as what do buy. I know I will have to modify it, but that's no problem. Another solution I read was to go to Midas, I may try this, but want to see the 300zx gasket...
 

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
Joined
·
2,558 Posts
just a FYI, but all my experiences w/ Midas have been pretty crappy.... $400 to install a muffler on a friends ford festiva (wtf? My friend was on crack to even pay them half that)

When I went to get quotes on 3" exhuat on my NX, they laughed at me, and made rather rude comments.... I dunno I'd never go back to midas ever again.

As for the gasket, if you're really in a bind, I think you can just cut up a coke can to size and use that. What kind of shape is it?

Take it to a muffler shop and see if they got a gasket that will fit, or check autozone, they have a couple different size gaskets.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,405 Posts
98SERwTricks said:
Got a 4-1 Stillen header and I'm trying to find the right gasket to buy before I buy it. My main concern is the primary to secondary gasket. After long searching, I still didn't come up with a concrete answer as what do buy. I know I will have to modify it, but that's no problem. Another solution I read was to go to Midas, I may try this, but want to see the 300zx gasket...

The 300ZX gasket only fits a 4-2-1 header.
 

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eric96ser said:
The 300ZX gasket only fits a 4-2-1 header.
That's what I needed to know!

I'm only going to Midas to get teh gasket if I really need to. I'm installing the header myself, so it'll only cost me time...

I'll try a parts store for the gaskets, then midas, then use a coke can as a last resort :tongue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,793 Posts
I used a moroso 2 1/2 " collector gasket I got at Auto Zone for like $2 and had to cut the ear off an end of it to get it to fit, worked perfect
 

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brian said:
I used a moroso 2 1/2 " collector gasket I got at Auto Zone for like $2 and had to cut the ear off an end of it to get it to fit, worked perfect
:cool: I'll definitely try that! Thanks...

Just called Greg V. at Quality Nissan and ordered the B15 SR20 metal exhaust manifold gasket, and a OEM catalytic converter gasket - I'm stoked!

Just gotta get the nuts/bolts for the primary to secondary and figure out that gasket and we'll be set!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top