SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked up a 98 w11 today with ball bearing turbo (14411-13001) good condition payed $1500. turbo is in great condition noo oil this time! needs to be cleaned up. popped valve cover and its has minor sludge, little build up on top of the bolts and crap.

ohh and why didnt anyone warm me about taking off the fourwheel trannyy!! its a freakinngg task, it doesnt just come off with a couple bolts loosend!!! it takes a special way of going at it.

they compression tested it there infront of me it did with three cranks 200 #1, 200 #2, 200 #3, and like 195 #4... soo i dont know, it seemed ok? ill be posting some pics soon!

thanks
jake

ps charlie its almost time :D

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Witt19 said:
wow, thats crazy high compression, especially for a non warmed up motor, i'm assuming it wasnt warmed up atleast.
Especially a det...mine are about 130 all across, warmed up.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
Yea, that trans is a beast. My auto awd is still sitting in my garage. i don't know what to do with it, but it definitely definitely weighs more than the motor.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
yea i know we talked about this. on other posts, but i guess i wasnt trippin because he showed me 2 other motors (det) that were right around the same... he screwwed the compression tester on cylinder #1 and the dude pluged a battery to the started and the engine cranked three times and all four did the same thing. and i was whatching on the gauge 1st crank 125 2nd crank jumped to 150 third to 200... i guess it is very wierd and i dont understand... how do i make sure the block is a avenir... i mean its got all the normal signs of a w11 oil lines in the block and a water line running to the turbo, silver valve cover. and ohh yea duhh it had a huge allwheel drive tranny on it... i was worrie about low compression. maybe i should look up the engine codes?

ohh i loveddd reading across the turbo 14411 1e001 !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts