SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did the CASC-OR school that Bob and Cindy held at Shannonville a couple of weeks ago, and got my race licence.

Then I went to Calabogie - wow! dgerryts kindly worked on my car as my "pit crew". I scrubbed in the R-compounds (in these pics I'm running bald Azenis on Maxima gunmetal 200sx SE-R wheels) and went out and had some fun.

In Dave's words, the new Calabogie track makes Mosport, an ex-F1 track, into an intermediate track.

I pounded on my Bluebird, S4 cammed car for three days, and it took it like a trooper.

After two laps of the long track at SMP, I used to hit 235F. Now, with the holes and Greg Amy's splitter (car's a bit rough, not finished yet) temps are around 180, never higher than 195F. Perfect.

Car hits 190 kmph on the straight before the right-hander at Calabogie and the Brembo rotors and Carbotech XP8 brakes were amazing.

Some pics below. I have many more I might post later.

In keeping with my current posting trends, I'll post the other pictures 7 years from now.

James

·
Deviled Egg!
6,321 Posts
just came a bit...

very nice... good to know that the bluebird kept up!

·
I cruise @ your top speed
1,513 Posts

Love this pic! Good to hear the car is treatin you well James. :biggthump

·
Parting out my car
1,062 Posts
whoooo sounds like fun!
Are the vents in the hood to send hot air out?

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heh, thanks. Shorter than 7 years this time - I think my connection here's better.

(congrats to you too on your good news, Andre!)

Ok, more pics now...

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
whoooo sounds like fun!
Are the vents in the hood to send hot air out?
It was incredible fun.

The hole between the headlights lets the cool air in, the a/c condensor is now out, and the cold air really gets to the rad now. The vents in the hood are extractors for the hot air, right over the turbo, and they work, really, really well.

I'm finally happy with the car as a track car again!

More pics.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Two comments. The car is covered end-to-end with brake dust and I repeated a couple of pics by accident.

I also missed a braking point by accident and late braked into a downhill right-hander at 190, whee!

Fun for my passenger.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts