SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is for the year without the speed cable. 93/94.
I replaced the stock lights with the red 194.
I have that PONTIAC LOOK: Its alot brighter in person.
It takes 15/20 minutes.

this is after you remove the trim piece. 6 screws hold the trim piece on. this pic shows the 4 screws to get the cluster off.

this is how I got to the plugs behind the cluster.

these are the plugs that had to be unplugged. Including the rheostat and the mirror plug.

this is the rear of the cluster

·
Registered
727 Posts
Now whoever said SmoothDaddy doesnt benefit the forum? Great illustrations Fig-Mesiter! Too bad I dont have one fo those nasty B13's though. :(;)

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
nasty b13's? hey now, i've had a taste of both, normally aspirated that is :D and i like the B13's! :)

nice illustrations, figster :p

how does that buzzer work? is it removable? is it the whole black unit there? man, i want a buzzer from a B14 sentra/200SX so that I dont have to hear "BEEEEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEEEEP!" all the time. i get SO many complaints from passengers about my buzzer. :p

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
silversx said:

how does that buzzer work? is it removable? is it the whole black unit there?
Yeah , Its removable and its the whole black piece there. Very easy to take off. I was going to take it off but I might forget my headlights are on one day. :eek:
By the way I went with the red instrumental lights. The 194.
Here is a bad pic:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fast91SER said:
Not all B13s are that simple to do, if you have a 91 or 92, you have to deal with the speedo cable, which can be a pain in the ass if you're not skilled at taking it off :D
oh yeah, lucky me.:D :D
thanks.

·
too many toys
386 Posts
Where you just able to pull the old bulbs out of the sockets and drop in the red ones? Because when I did mine, the bulbs were permanently attached to the socket they were in (it was on a '91 dash) - you would have to buy the whole socket+bulb assembly from the dealer.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
my 91 bulbs were the same, I bought some new ones from nissan, and on the newer ones, the bulbs come out of the assembly.

If you have a 91 go to the dealer first and get he bulbs with the assembly, I'm pretty sure its a dealer item only.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
luminus said:
Where you just able to pull the old bulbs out of the sockets and drop in the red ones?
Aaron
YES. The bulbs came right out with no problem. Real easy.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
silversx said:
nasty b13's? hey now, i've had a taste of both, normally aspirated that is :D and i like the B13's! :)

nice illustrations, figster :p

how does that buzzer work? is it removable? is it the whole black unit there? man, i want a buzzer from a B14 sentra/200SX so that I dont have to hear "BEEEEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEEEEP!" all the time. i get SO many complaints from passengers about my buzzer. :p

The B14s use a different plug than the B13s. I already tried to swap them out. If you can find a B14 in a junk yard, cut the harness for the buzer, and replace it for yours.

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
my 91 bulbs were the same, I bought some new ones from nissan, and on the newer ones, the bulbs come out of the assembly.
Any idea what the part numbers were? My buddy has a classic and when I tried to replace his bulbs we ran into that same problem. TIA

Martin

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
martin_g34 said:
Any idea what the part numbers were? My buddy has a classic and when I tried to replace his bulbs we ran into that same problem. TIA
Martin
you can try calling brian. His Texas self should be at work.
1.800.527.1909 or 1.972.644.3942 7am to 7pm Mon-Fri, 7am to 3pm Saturday CST

1 - 12 of 12 Posts