SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pat Pat Pat
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a couple of pics for beeter cooling on a turbo nx.

Also how to do an intercooler pipe without going thru the inner guard

Am working on getting so vids posted soon.

·
Registered
493 Posts
How did you make the cut out? Is there a grill from another car molded in there?

I would like to do something like that but not as wide, just a little more narrow.

·
Pat Pat Pat
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
cruceno21 said:
How did you make the cut out? Is there a grill from another car molded in there?

I would like to do something like that but not as wide, just a little more narrow.
Its all custom made, the bit inside is plywood, with auto bog smoothed around the sides to make it semi circular, then I used a 60mm Sanding flapper wheel on my die grinder to get it a consistent radius. After it was all done I fibreglassed the whole lot then painted.

·
Pat Pat Pat
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blackNX2k said:
did you also custom the eyebrows.... if so can you give detailed instructions on that

I basically decided how far I wanted them to hang down, and cut a piece of plywood (6mm marine grade) in a 30mm strip, then worked out the angle and made a template to the bottom part of the headlight. Then held up the strip to the opening and marked it from behind to ge tthe shape. Took a bit of sanding to get it just so, then glued in with a super sticky rtv type glue, then bogged sanded and fibreglassed. They wont be coming out in a hurry.

·
slave to the grind
2,707 Posts
what do have you done to your drivers side turn signal? is that an air inlet?how did you do that?

·
Pat Pat Pat
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TOOQIKK said:
what do have you done to your drivers side turn signal? is that an air inlet?how did you do that?
Yep, air inlet, feeds the bottom of the relocated airbox, which has a K and N filter inside. The indicator has a box chanel behind it, so blocked it off on the inside , and then hooked up a pipe running up inside the guard to the airbox.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.