SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm one happy camper. A few hours work, cuts and complaints, finally the thing is built. Yes, it's still missing a few odds and ends, but the main part of it is complete. Check it out. Nothing too special, just wanted to share! I'll take more pics with the turbo manifold on later this week in same thread.

Just chillin on the stand. Port matched JDM Intake w/ head.

The ghetto painted Unorthodox pulley.

Some JWT Cam gears, set at "2" on Exhaust, "A" on Intake with new Nissan timing chain kit.

To pair with some S4's. Just waiting for some turbo action.

I'll post more pics later in the week w/ my turbo manifold. Awaiting T3/T4! Can't wait to throw her in and crank it over for the first time.

Corey

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Looks damn good man!

-Josh

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
Nice and clean! Looks great!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
my engine looked like that when i bought it, but from my greasy hands when i was putting it in got it a little dirty. the good thing is that most of it burned off when i started it and i cleaned some of it with simple green. the engine looks great!

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
ME TO! My motor is covered in grit from running an open WG dump tube for a while when I didn't have my tial in and i forgot to put my front splash shields in, blah!

I want a motor like yours dude!

Brent

·
No D E T.
1,436 Posts
im gonna go out on a limb here and say your head was hot-tanked. the color of those cam bearing caps are rather dark, did you have headwork done?

by the term "built" what all did you do to the engine? if i may ask.

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
With a engine that nice I think you should do it justice and give it a nice clean place to sit it. I would spit shine the engine bay to compliment the engine.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Nice !!

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, I'm going to try and get everything out of the bay I can, and powerwash it or steam clean it. It will definately look pretty in there before the motor goes in.

As for the engine, really not too much. JWT S4's, JWT Cam gears, Cometic headgasket, ARP rod bolts, AEBS Head studs, polished crank, factory rods and replacement pistons (9.5:1), port and polished head. I mean a few modifications, but really just to freshen it up a bit.

The motor will be boosting, just recieved my manifold and downpipe today. Going with an F-Max Duplication setup. T3/T4 Stage III 60/.63 trim, Tial 38mm WG, 2.5" downpipe and very custom 3" exhaust (will post pics when done), MSD 50 lbs, FTF Fuel Rail, Greddy E-Manage, Cobra MAF, Spec Stage 3 clutch, Welded and Cryo'd tranny. For right now I'm in a hurry and can't think of anything else? Oh well. Any comments or suggestions on my setup will be appreciated.

Corey

1 - 14 of 14 Posts