SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Keep in mind I NEVER got to use this clutch. I installed it, pushed in the clutch and it broke without me knowing it. It still feels right but it does not work. ACT said it was a manufacturing defect. You see at the top where the 2 fingers have a wider gap than the rest? The diaphram itself (hidden under the yellow shroud) actually cracked all the way through. Crazy.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
not crazy, cheezy :) man, that sucks so bad. I seriously feel for you, that is one of the reasons I do not go turbo, b/c I know my luck I would be tapping the block, and BAM engine cracks in 1/2.

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't think this way man. I live life so that if I grow to be 60-70 or whatever I don't look back and say to myself 'man I wish I would have done this or that etc' If you want to do something like this, do it, because you never know how many more days you have left. Enjoy life.

I know it may sound sad, it's not. Just reality.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Thomas, thats *exactly* how mine looks too! I guess I had the same failure with my xtreme pp. Oh well time to call act and see what they will do. I hope they will replace it, otherwise I will be really pissed. I have always reccomended their clutches to people b/c of the great luck I've had with the hd in the NX.

Matt Ostlund
93NX
91SE-R DET

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
paNX2K&SE-R said:
Thomas, thats *exactly* how mine looks too! I guess I had the same failure with my xtreme pp. Oh well time to call act and see what they will do. I hope they will replace it, otherwise I will be really pissed. I have always reccomended their clutches to people b/c of the great luck I've had with the hd in the NX.

Matt Ostlund
93NX
91SE-R DET
Matt,

You need to be careful what you say when you call them. If you are very calm, they will help you. It REALLY changed their atitude when I showed them pics on my website. DO NOT tell them when you purchased it. If they ask it would be wise to say you got it a month ago because their warranty is only 90 days.

The guy told me specifically that because I was so cooperative and mellowed out about it he had no problem helping me. He *actually* told me most people cuss and he IMMEDIATELY tells them to go deal with the person they bought it from and gets you off the phone.

·
Registered
194 Posts
well, something similar happened to me too.
my clutch would not disengage, and i took everything back off and did it over. turns out that i had a broken diaphram. i email Dirk, the president of ACT, directly and explained everything too him. The thing was that i bought the clutch in may of this year and just installed it in Oct. Well, i explained my situation and he was very professional about it. He said he take it back and give me a new "designed" pressure plate. It is supposed to have 15% less travel to disengage. anyways, sent it back and got a new one. BUT your not alone on this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.