SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

That to me looks like a 4-Cat-1 exhaust. Can someone help me out here? I've never seen anything like that.
http://laf.cioe.com/~benbobbo/NonCGI/Forum9/HTML/000666.html there's a link with someone elses primera exhaust manifold. Any comments anyone?

4 R's...Rocket Road Racing Ready.....Really Ready for Road Racing.....Ready to Run for Racing Records....what does the 4 R's mean?!

That's the valve cover I got if anyway can shed some light on this.

------------------
1995 200SX SE-R

Hydrolocked SR20DE that had PR CAI | ACT Disc & PP | ES MM | Pro-Kits |
17* timing | Courtesy Front STB | Courtesy B-pipe in garage | AGX's in garage

·
Registered
70 Posts
The first picture is called a close coupled cat. Which simply means that the cat is attached to the exhaust manifold instead of under the car. The 4 R's I have no idea. Where are they on the engine?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sorry, but I haven't really been following this.

Where did you get this engine from?

Usually, a close coupled cat is to help with cat light off. Did Nissan make a version of the SR20 for CA emissions? Could that have had a close coupled cat?

Ben
'93 NX2K

·
Registered
858 Posts
yup they had a ca emissions model but not with that manifold. is that VC gold? maybe you got a rare type of motor.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

[This message has been edited by redman007 (edited 08-02-2001).]

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it's gold. The 4 R's are where the SR20 is in the US Engine. It's right underneath that black box (forgot what it was) on the right front side. It's where the tranny and engine bolt together.
My dad got this engine from a company in Houston.

OH geez I am actually scared now.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
That is a mistry isnt it.... Thats where it usualy says sr20. Dont know why it wouldnt have that on it. and the close cat is weird too. I dont think ive ever seen a permera engine that had one...or even a low port. hmmmm you asked the list?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NismoB13SE-R:
Is it up and running yet?? If so, how does it pull? Maybe you got a race prepped engine out of one of Nissan's Tourning Primeras
That'd be sweet! But highly, unlikely...
</font>
That actually made me laugh that's awesome. No it's not running yet. This has been a painfully long process with me in and out of my house for the month of July with a trip here and a trip there. THe engine is mounted and we are plugging connections back together (That is cofusing. let me tell ya!) and trying to find bolts. Maybe it will run this weekend maybe not. I can only hope...It's been a full 7 weeks with my car on stands.....

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
My 1991 NX2000 had the gold cover on it. The only difference was that where the spark plug cylinders are, the entire valley of the cover was painted black. That was stock for '91 NX's.

Don't know if that helps or not, but I sure as hell didn't have the exhaust cat thingy going on. That is similiar to what I think Toyota did on their new Corollas if I am not mistaken.

------------------
Brandon
'96 G20 ($tillen/K&N intake, '91 intake cam, 17 degrees)

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
After helping Jon with his overheating problems, make sure you use most of your old sensors. He had a problem with the gauge reading hot really quick. After swapping his old temp sensor back in, problem solved. Do you have a FSM? GET ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
That motor is a SR18DE I am almost sure. If right next to the NISSAN sign on the valve cover there is a indentaion there it is for sure a J spec 1.8. Also that manifold I have only seen come on 1.8 from Japan. Lastly there is no SR motor that comes without the stamp to tell what it is. I think they erased the SR18DE sign because no one would want to buy a 1.8.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Looking at some Japanese websites, it looks like the sr18de has 125ps.. I dont know what that means in HP.

*Edit. I guess 125ps is 125hp.

[This message has been edited by WhiteSER (edited 08-03-2001).]

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
I took a look at the SR20VE. God I love that NA engine. How much are 20 kb/m torque? How does that tranlate to lb/ft? 190 hp @ 7000 rpm Yummy. Sounds like my current engine, but the kicker is that the SR20VE is STOCK. Imagine the potential of that engine had Nissan dropped it in the new SE-R Spec V.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I posted a link to this thread to the list. Man I hope it's a really good, special SR20.
Where the the engine company say your motor was from? In the states or outside?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Registered
288 Posts
Is it up and running yet?? If so, how does it pull? Maybe you got a race prepped engine out of one of Nissan's Tourning Primeras
That'd be sweet! But highly, unlikely...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts