taken just now

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They were brand new on 11-11-00, so that is only two months of weather on them. Make you wanna puke? I know I want to every time I see them.

·
Registered
782 Posts
You may want to pull the IC piping off and spray it with a couple coats of high temp spray paint or you can always powdercoat them for under $100.00.

------------------
Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,DeltagateWastegate (9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MAD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive FPR, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley kit, Powerslot rotors, Axxis MM pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topsped Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Kuhmo 205/40/ZR17 Tires

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wouldn't I have to grind all the rust off first? That would be a fun day, blech

Need to find a shop that powdercoats around here....

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the bends are simple mild steel (duh Ben, they are going to rust) and are 18 gauge. They were $11.95 a piece from Summit. The same pieces in stainless steel are $36.95, three times the price. That would be like $185 without shipping. Bleh. Money...

I will get some, someday, like, when I have a job and stuff...

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Looks familiar! Mine looked exactly like that before I got them coated. It makes it kind of embarrassing to pop the hood huh?

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Hey Ben, if you do decide to paint them yourslef, don;t bother stripping them yourself. There should be a local parts store that does sandblasting. Typically it's pretty cheap to have them blast them, it will save you tons of time and do a much better job! BTW have you found anyone local to coat your stuff?

------------------
late,
wes
my site

·
Registered
883 Posts
Well, if you want to get rid of that rust, you can take all the pipes, and everything attached
and send them to me
and i will send you brand new pipes, without anything attached

------------------
Kris94G20™
87 Pulsar

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wes:

since I am not currently employed (read I just got laid off thread in the general forum) getting my IC pipes shiny is kinda low on the priority list at the moment...

side note: damn Q-rated snow tires! Just got home doing a 30 mile stint on the interstate with like all of 5 trucks between here and there... FINALLY a chance to REALLY test top speed, and I have to keep it under 99 cuz of the tires... I KNEW I should have swapped them yesterday... bah...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Ben, If you take the pipes to get powdercoated, then they usually sandblast or chemically removal all the soot and rust before they powdercoat. You could also remove the rust yourself by using Carberator cleaner or Brake Cleaner and then get some High Temp spray paint and do it yourself. make sure you use a clearcoat asfter you paint them.

------------------
Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Kuhmo 205/40/ZR17 Tires

1 - 13 of 13 Posts