SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i got my k-sports in the mail a few weeks ago. havnt had time to install them but i can give you pics and show you my impressions of the suspension

this is everything that came with the package deal. the 4 shcok/coil assemblys, the 4 brake line mounts, the 2 cressent wrenches, 2 end links for the rear sway bar, and 4 long allen keys for the shock adjustments.

that is the camber plate/pillow ball mount for the front

finally we have a pic of the very stout shock! i didnt think it was going to be this heavy duty. that white tube is a BIC pen.....thats a big ass piston!

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
The piston "Rod(??") is the same size as the stock Nissan "rods". But those look nice as hell and I bet they are gonna handle nice also!

·
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Johnny wangwang said:
The piston "Rod(??") is the same size as the stock Nissan "rods". But those look nice as hell and I bet they are gonna handle nice also!
are you positive? i have a set of stock shocks back home and they seem to be far larger. granted i havnt held them up against the stockers. buts its a very wide piston.

·
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FastNX said:
Nice! Looks like they are for a B14 application?
What did they set you back, and what spring rates are you running?
nope, b13 setup.

they were $740. and the spring rates are 7/5. i beleive this is 390/240? or something like that. if its to hard im going to get 300/250 but thats what they came with mounted on it.

·
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FastNX said:
D'OH!! Youre right. I was thinking since the rear one is a good bit shorter than the front.
accually, the rear ones are the long ones (i was just seeing how high i can make them for winter time with my snow tires on :biggthump gona go total rally.

·
huh??
3,407 Posts
did it come with the adjustable sway bar links? if so, DAMN. before you install, make sure you move the inner bolt for the camber adjuster up.

·
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Keo said:
did it come with the adjustable sway bar links? if so, DAMN. before you install, make sure you move the inner bolt for the camber adjuster up.
yea it sure did! everyone was telling me that the rear sway bar wouldnt fit and i would need to get a progress one. but i cant afford one just yet but when i opend the box there they were! :biggthump

·
SR20 owner since 93
3,345 Posts
I would also like to know how this suspension ride/feel....

·
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ill do my best to describe the handling. i have never ridin in another b13 with aftermarket suspension. i know fonge has agx+hyper co and if he comes to help with the install ill let him drive my car and let him give the impressions.

side note: how far should i lower my car? imthinking 2 inches to start then im gona raise it up. but i wana try the nice low look for awhile. im not going lower than 2 inches. i was thinking 1.5 but my friends at school have pushed me down to 2. :biggthump

·
Registered
424 Posts
damn.....you got thoughs for $740....were did you order thoughs from.....?

i was thinking of getting the d2's but the k-sport looks more better....but am not sure....

want to know more about the ride/feel too....

vince

·
i love b13's !
8,012 Posts
that looks to be a quality set up. only thing left to do know is put them threw the test. give us feed back and if possible let some one who owns a d2 set up give your car a spin. looks like you may have gotten a great deal/set up.

stratton.

·
huh??
3,407 Posts
I drive mine from Germantown to Silver Spring everyday with the Progress rear, and I love it. It's about 23 1/2" high up front, 23 3/4" in the rear, about half stiff all around and the Progress is set the Med. not harsh at all even on bumps.

BTW, got mine for under $700

here's mine, that's the highest it can go, I'll take better pics tommarow

after about 1 month it fells way better

·
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i got mine from mike on nf.com

http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=98466

he is also a member here. his name is "phantomhp" he is a class act. he is extremly helpful and stays in contact up till the box is at your door. he gave me his # for any questions i had and his aim SN where i spoke with him alot. if he started any other GB's with parts i needed and i had the money i wouldnt bat an eye at giving him my money.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts