·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

what do you think is causing the brown on the sparkplug? leaky O Ring valve cover gasket, or what? It is like that on the middle 2 cylinders.

and here is a movie of how my car sounds - It is really really loud because I have an exhaust leak where the manifold bolts to the head, the flex join, where it connects to the Cat, and the other end of the Cat.

F*CK PACESETTER :mad:
loudness.MOV
I just installed my S4's also, so if you think its a lopey Idle thats why

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so does anyone know the answer to my question?

"what do you think is causing the brown on the sparkplug (wire)? leaky O Ring valve cover gasket, or what? It is like that on the middle 2 cylinders."

It looks like burnt oil on the plug wire and in the tube the wire goes down before it connects to the plug, **** like this kinda freaks me out thats why I want a second opinion.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would have to say it is the o-ring, after i removed my VC and reinstalled I had that problem, new rings should take care of that.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Stabone said:
I would have to say it is the o-ring, after i removed my VC and reinstalled I had that problem, new rings should take care of that.

You DEFINITELY need a new valve cover gasket kit. That should solve your problem...I would change your plugs too at the same time.

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I found this when I put in my cams the other day, which also included new gaskets and a new valve cover.

plugs, wires, cap and rotor will be here tomorrow from Courtesy Nissan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts