SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
So for your current setup, Mike, how much hp are you putting out now and how much does the Cobra MAF and 50lb/hr (what that in cc btw?) injectors get you up to? Just curious how much bang for the buck this upgrade is for T25 owners
. I plan to do it someday so curious what I should expect. I know you have to add $100 to that price as well for the JWT ECU reprogram too.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what I'm putting out rite now. Wendnesday nite I'm going to the track to see what kind of #'s it will pull. It sure feels real fast

The point of me upgrading the fuel program is I want to be able to turn up the boost past 10psi with out sweating bullets. I'll probably run 14-15psi at the track and 12 on the street. The t25 will be spinning its guts out at 15psi so I'm also going to be porting the manifold and exhaust turbine housing to get a bit better flow out of it and reduce the back pressure.

My guess is the current is getting me 230hp crank and the cobra msd with the abbility to run 12to14+psi might be 250?-300?

Mike....and then its time to upgrade the turbo,rebuild the bottom end etc.etc.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Are you going to port it or send it off somewhere? If you are doing it yourself gimme some details so I can do mine while it's still off the car.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not to sure on the details yet but I'll tell you what I'm thinking. I want to take the rough edjes off the exhaust ports and match the manifold to the head(dremmel tool..zing zing). I watched my brother do this to his Dodge Duster. He's a nut. I might also open up the WG hole and add a bigger valve,take out any rough edjes in the exhaust turbine housing and just basicaly smoothe the thing out.

But by the time I get off my ass to do that I'll probably have enough money saved to buy a nicer turbo(JWT's t28?). We'll see.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts