SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cburwell said:
For some reason your car car looks darker than it actually is. It reminds me of the Granite color used on previous B15's.

Did the Spec V wheels come with the car?
Yup, and I'm glad they did. If they weren't on the car, I would not have bought it. No offense to SE 2.0 owners, but I just cannot stand those wheels. :(

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
I like it, looks really good.

-Josh

·
Registered
470 Posts
Congrats on the car, I used to own a 02' spec-v, had absolutely no problems with it(i actually traded in a '01 SE for it) in general it was a great car til a tree randomly feel on the cab and crushed it :(. oh well, i hope you have better luck with car than you have had in the past.

-T

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I like the 02-03 Spec V's. I think you made a good choice.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I know someone with a HS header for sale soon. :)

·
the original 4-door SR20
590 Posts
Nice ride, get rid of those heavy ass rims though. Your lucky because NISMO has ton of parts available for that little beast.

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jamse-r said:
Nice ride, get rid of those heavy ass rims though. Your lucky because NISMO has ton of parts available for that little beast.
..Or not.

I like the rims. They look at lot better than the normal SE-R rims, so I will gladly keep them on the car. In bone stock form it's already quicker than my '98 SE was with an intake, exhaust, and timing, so I'm happy with the way it sits. Not to mention this thing handles like a dream.

BTW, NISMO doesn't have that many parts available for it. The majority of the parts they do have, though, will void the factory warranty just like any other company will, though, so I see no reason to pay the huge extra amount of money for a part that won't gain any extra horsepower, and won't save my warranty.

My only plans for the car are to buy an AEM cold air intake, a Magnaflow cat-back (best-looking one for the car, IMO), a short shifter of some sort, and then a drop of some sort. As you can tell, I'm still learning a lot about these cars. ;)

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
eric96ser said:
I know someone with a HS header for sale soon. :)
I have absolutely no money, right now, so I'll have to pass. :(

BTW, I went ahead and took a Dremel to my factory airbox a couple of nights ago. As evil as the SR20DE sounded with this mod, I think the QR25DE tops it. Why? Because of the secondary that opens up at 5200RPM. It makes the car sound absolutely evil. That's just my opinion, though. Here's a video I took:

http://gallery.thevboard.com/users/KCSpec/INTAKE06.AVI

And no, first gear is not that quick. Alas, that surge of torque down low in this car renders first gear absolutely worthless since I have no LSD. At any point in first gear, I can light it up. And yes, that is some nasty wheelspin in second. All in all, not bad for a 165hp car. ;)

·
the original 4-door SR20
590 Posts
You think that thing handles like a dream, wow cause I thought it handle like ****. Sports Compact Car did an article on the Nismo suspension set up, they said, quote "that we were never a big fan of the Spec V's handling, now with the suspension it handles like a dream." Even though they are expensive Nismo offers Cams, headers, and exhaust all that give you horsepower and dyno proven. The rims weigh a ton and I never said they didn't look good. But it doesn't matter cause I see you don't have any money to mod it yet anyhow. Good luck on the new ride.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts