SR20 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here they are for the ones that haven't seen it yet. I finally installed the pillar with my gauges and here it is.....drum roll please

------------------
Peter
97 200SX SE-R
www.geocities.com/nyceser

[This message has been edited by NyceP26 (edited 01-07-2001).]

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Those look nice man. I can't wait to get mine.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing and custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynamax super turbo muffler

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe its the way i took the picture but yes they are all the same size. Those pods are made for 2 1/16 size gauges. But yeah at night they look sweet. During the day its boring but only the a/f meter sweeping with lights is a nice sight. Now everyone that looks at it say "whats the Nissan got?" All i say is wait till the spring.....hehe

------------------
Peter
97 200SX SE-R

·
Registered
303 Posts
looks tight bro

------------------
Jon
'95 Infiniti G20t
Stillen intake, HS header, custom exhaust, Apex'i Dunk muffler, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch

·
_______
3,640 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by twentyfivecharacters:are those 3 different sized gauge pods or am I just seeing it wrong?</font>
It's an optical illusion maahhnnn(waiving hands around..)

The pods look nice thanks for posting them(I'm lazy as hell and didn't bother looking up the old thread). Are they planning on making a 2 pod set??..?

Mike

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have the 2 pod pillar mount. its not a replacement, but it does match the interior. Pics soon.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure they make two and three set pillars. Definately do three, that way your mind is not dumbfounded when you wanna do another gauge. I'll soon take one gauge out and do something else.....Hmmmmmm

------------------
Peter
97 200SX SE-R

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Peter, are those 2" gauges or 2 1/16" gauges? You indicate 2 1/16" but Lo-Tek's website says 2". Hmmm???

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
There is a typo on the website. The pillar pods accommodate 2 1/16" or 52mm standard gauges.

------------------

'97 200SX SE-R
JWT ECU, Place CAI

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Thanks Thomas. Answered my question from the other post about the pods.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing and custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
I just got my Stillen (SPI) electric oil pressure and Greddy EGT gauges in today. Much to my horror I found that they were way too deep to fit in the pillar pod!

I can't decide whether to try to use them, by pushing them in all the way and letting them swing to the left or face the driver more, or send them back. If I do the latter I have no idea what to buy, as I want electric oil pressure and HKS only makes a 46 or 60 mm EGT. I wanted my oil pressure to be in PSI. Crap.

------------------

'97 200SX SE-R
JWT ECU, Place CAI

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
the greddy gauges will not work in the a-pillar fyi, just incase you got some ideas running through your mind.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
Power to spare...
979 Posts
I have decided to use the gauges. The greddy guage DOES fit, it's just slightly too long to fit completely flush. You can't tell unless you look as you open the door and look to the inside. It actually positions the gauges (oil pressure is slightly too long also)at a better angle. I'll post pics when I have it completed so that you can understand better what I am describing.

------------------

'97 200SX SE-R
JWT ECU, Place CAI

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I guess these are diffrent (and I was using an integra pod) but my greddy gauge stuck out about half an inch or so.

G

·
first off-that **** is mad nice. my entire dash lights up red. i am feeling the gauges and the pod. by the way who makes the pillar for the se-r's??? hit me back..wkdtrbo from nj

·
Registered
705 Posts
sweet looking peter...hey how come that oil pressure guage aint working?! and does a/f guage cycle back and forth? thats what its supposed to do, and in the pic it looks like its stuck in the rich area, or maybe its just the pic.

------------------
Ryan Walsh...1st 97 owner ever to succesfully mount a 98SE exhaust to a 97SER!
relaxing after a quiet ride home from SF2K1. first day without an exhaust in a long time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts