SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi list. I got a pinging sound at idle which goes away as rpm ups or at least
can't hear it. I'm pretty sure it's not due to the piston because it's a high
pitch metal striking sound and the computer would retard the timing if it detects
piston knock. What do you guys think it could be? The cars got 11k miles on it
but warranty has been voided due to cai, headers, pulleys and other aesthetic
mods.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Do you think your warranty has been voided, or did the dealer actually tell you that the warranty was voided due to your mods? Legally, they can't void your warranty just because you have mods on your car. They have to prove that the problem was a direct result from the mods.

This will help you also, knowledge = power.
http://www.sema.org/warranty/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what all you guys say. But if any of you bring in a car with those mods, they will blame it all on you. You can never argue with the dealer. Trust me. Been there done that.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Dude, your dealer sucks. My car has an intake, exhaust, and a Primera intake cam and the dealer knows about this and they never voided my warranty! They've changed my AAC valve a couple of times, and I've never had any problems getting warranty work done. I'd look for another dealer to help you out.....

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
That dealership definitely sux...I have had my old 96 Sentra Xe in for service w/mods, and my 96 200sx se-r in with mods and still had warranty work done...

Find another dealership and save yourself the hassle..even if you have to drive a little farther.

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,ACT,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,17deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifterRoyal Purple synthetics..AND A VANILLA AIR FRESHENER!

·
EVO-lishus
127 Posts
I also had a similar incident with some of those Nissan Dealers..and its true...just go to another dealer and ask..i had my ignition starter replaced...and i asked if they can put my engine mounts in...they did it for free...the guy even regrounded my MAF for free too!! ( talk about customer service!!) <~~by the way this is the Nissan Continental on Lagrange Rd in IL. They had no problems with my mods...

F Dela Cruz
96 SER\ Venom Prog. NOS
and all the bolt ons...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts